Panasonic 14mm...What's the difference between H014 and H014-E?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by LowriderS10, Apr 28, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi...sorry for starting another thread, I just need to know the answer to this ASAP, and didn't want the question to be buried in the other thread.

Anyways...what's the difference between the H014 and the H014-E versions of this lens? As far as I can tell the H014 is the old silver version and the H014-E is the new black version, right?

The site I'm about to order it off of shows a silver picture, but the description says "black" and "H014-E," so I'm guessing they're merely using the incorrect photo for the lens?

Thanks!

2. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    It looks like one number just means it's broken apart from a kit, the other means it was meant to be sold on its own the whole time, and apparently either model number can be either colour...can someone confirm this, please? I'd REALLY like to get a black one, as all of the rest of my gear is black.

3. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil

I think the black ones were only ever available as part of a kit (that's how I got mine, someone broke their kit apart and sold the lens on Ebay). I don't think the black is "new" and the other old, but I am not certain of that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks! Yeah, it's rather confusing...I'm not sure why they wouldn't make the black a retail option, as in my opinion - as in the opinion of many others - it looks far better...plus, if you have it already, why not give people the option to buy it?