Panasonic 14mm f2,5 samples

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Know the Oly users the kind of inner-camera manipulation with this lens? Or, in other words round, do the Pens have disadvantages due to missing firmware treatment compare to Pannies?
Cheers
Bernd

Burkey

Mu-43 Regular
Bernd - good question, not sure. I've noticed that there is a "clicking" noise coming from the lens when the iris is changing that isn't present when I put the lens on my G1. Doesn't seem to affect the use on the E-PL1 but I did find it interesting that this characteristic wasn't the same on both camera bodies.
. . . Burkey

birigoboom

New to Mu-43
Think I'll be getting it as I'm hoping to catch the Aurora Borealis in Feb. Not really much other choice on :43:. I have the Panny 7-14, but I thinks that extra stop and a third will come in handy.
I was in Alaska this past September. I honestly doubt it but I've been wrong before. I found the Panny 7-14 to be excellent. ISO 800, MF to infinity, lens wide open and 10 seconds was my baseline and tweeked it from there. Depending where you are, leaving it open for too long you get movement of the stars. Good luck.

mclarenf3

Mu-43 Veteran
Bernd - good question, not sure. I've noticed that there is a "clicking" noise coming from the lens when the iris is changing that isn't present when I put the lens on my G1. Doesn't seem to affect the use on the E-PL1 but I did find it interesting that this characteristic wasn't the same on both camera bodies.
. . . Burkey
My E-PL1 does the same with the Panasonic 20mm also. But not with any of the Olympus (4/3 and u4/3 lenses).

ccunningham

Mu-43 Veteran
. . . Burkey

I bet this happens as you aim the camera at lighter and darker areas. I think it's the camera closing and opening the aperture to compensate for the change in lighting. All of the mFT gear I have seems to do this, depending on the lighting conditions.

Of course, I could be wrong. That's just my theory.

ccunningham

Mu-43 Veteran
To be honest it can be a little, erm ... disconcerting when you first notice it.

When I've noticed it before, after some fiddling about I also observed the LV brightness changing, which is why I think that's what's going on.

It seems to happen more with some particular combinations. If I mount the 17mm on my G1 it's noticeable, and I've also noticed it on my E-P1 with either the 20mm or 17mm. But I don't think I've ever noticed it with the kit zoom lenses with either the G1 or E-P1, I'm guessing (again. Yes, it's kind of a pastime.) but I suspect that those lenses are slow enough that the camera just leaves them wide open, and is trying to gain up the LV most of the time anyways.

Again, of course, I could be wrong.

Burkey

Mu-43 Regular
Another shot with the Lumix 14/2.5 this time with the G1. ISO640, f2.5, 1/40 sec. Processed in LR3.2 and CS4 for posting. A very nice lens. We will be traveling next week and this lens along with the Nokton 25/.95 will definitely be in my bag.
And again - have a nice holiday season.:smile:
View attachment 154711
. . . Burkey

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom