Panasonic 14mm f2.5 Lens on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by HaViet, Mar 21, 2014.

1. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Hi everyone, just got an Olympus EPM2 and heard alot about the Panasonic 14mm/f2.5. I am looking for this as my go to lens.

I see a few listing on ebays, which claimed that these lens came from Panasonic kits and brand new. The only thing is they are from China/Hong Kong. Have any one bought these lens on ebay? Could you provide your thoughts on these questions?

1) Are these lens genuine, or possibly Chinese fakes?

2) Since they are shipped from overseas (I am in US), should I be concerned with additional custom fees or delays?

Thanks much!
  2. Paicey

Paicey New to Mu-43

Feb 12, 2014
    Fake 14mm lenses? Absolutely no such thing. If you're going to fake anything it'd need to be of much higher value.

I'd be more interested / concerned with the customer satisfaction scores and how many had bought from them previously.

Suggest you try Google for Customs limitations.
  3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    In the US you shouldn't have to worry about customs delays. They had been included as kit lenses in a couple different models of Panasonic camera. Prices are cheaper in Hong Kong and Taiwan, so some dealers there will buy the kits and break them up selling the body and lens separately for a higher net price. Given the higher price in the US and Europe, they make an easy profit. I know they were most recently included with the GF3 in the US, but they may have been with other cameras in Asia as well.

As for import fees or delays, you shouldn't have any problem in the US.
  4. HaViet

HaViet Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Thanks for the feedbacks.

I'll go ahead and buy one. Price is pretty attractive.
  5. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    I bought one maybe a year ago. It's nice and works as advertised, and as a bonus is all-black instead of the black/grey ones you'll normally be able to buy.
  6. actonmx5

actonmx5 New to Mu-43

Apr 15, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I got mine that way too from Hong Kong. No problems.