1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Panasonic 14mm f2.5 & GFC-1 Fisheye

Discussion in 'Native Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by pellicle, May 4, 2018.

1. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Finally had opportunity to do an outdoors evening shot of the night sky.

IMG_20180504_185329.

I probably should have dialed it back to 30sec cos there is a little smearing due to star trailing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pellicle

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    Minisubmarine
    P1070248.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. pellicle

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    P1110367-01.
    DMC-GF1    ---    14mm    f/2.5    1/500s    ISO 400

P1110371-01.
    DMC-GF1    ---    14mm    f/2.8    1/1250s    ISO 400

Processed from raw using raw2dng then Snapseed - which does not give the lens corrections of JPG ad the 14f2.5 at least is corrected

A SOOC JPG
    P1110371.JPG
    DMC-GF1    ---    14mm    f/2.8    1/1300s    ISO 400

• Like Like x 3
  4. gnarlydog australia

gnarlydog australia Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Damiano Visocnik
    some would say that your "treatment" gives your image an analogue feel (film), except that I could never get that much dynamic range from any of my films

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. pellicle

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    warning: off topic of the thread

Thanks ... its almost as good as negative. I've found that the biggest obstacle to getting full range out of it is the totally ham fisted attempts at printing or scanning.

Sadly prints by master printers (not just machines) are few and people seldom got to see the negatives. Scanners were for a short time a tool to enable the photographic printer to get nearly Ansel Adams levels of tonality out of a negative, sadly however that too soon fell to automation and people were unable to distinguish between Neg and Chrome and somehow fell to loving chromes which (even according to the film makers themselves) had inferior tonal range.

Some examples:
    This is typical of the sort of difference that can be had from a Neg by proper care in scanning VS leaving it on Auto
    workFlowComparison.
    I doubt you'd ever get that level of detail in the buildings and in the boat with a Digital without resorting to HDR (which is nowdays getting better with electronic shutter enabling rapid stacks of exposure and reducing blur)

Here's a sample of what I normally expect from supermarket grade colour negative:
    kymiJokiSnow3.

12969733443_cc8d05c7f9_b-.

4698925767_c5eb38ab07_b.

although handled deftly even chromes can deliver, its just harder to get them "right"

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.