Showcase Panasonic 14mm f/2.5

John M Flores

Super Moderator
The equally diminutive 12-32 Vario has supplanted the 14/2.5 in many circumstances, but I still bring it a long from time to time and get some shots with it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gas station in the middle of nowhere, on Argentina's Ruta 40 in Patagonia by John Flores, on Flickr

A Patagonian Tradition by John Flores, on Flickr

Taking a break on Argentina's Ruta 40 in Patagonia by John Flores, on Flickr

pigiron

Mu-43 Veteran
The equally diminutive 12-32 Vario has supplanted the 14/2.5 in many circumstances, but I still bring it a long from time to time and get some shots with it.

View attachment 713762
Gas station in the middle of nowhere, on Argentina's Ruta 40 in Patagonia by John Flores, on Flickr

View attachment 713763
A Patagonian Tradition by John Flores, on Flickr

View attachment 713764
Taking a break on Argentina's Ruta 40 in Patagonia by John Flores, on Flickr
Your shots from the 14 2.8 show that lenses own particular 3D pop and depth that I find pleasing in the extreme.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
that's how I feel about it too ... the 12-32's OIS does lend something to images where the stop difference doesn't help (for those of us shooting non IBIS cameras) as does the wee bit more width.
That being said I normally leave my GWC-1 on the 14f2.4 and so it gets used "au natural" when that's just too wide ... (and its easy to just twist off and twist back on again too)

Real Name
Rob
Really must dig out this lens again. Used it loads on this trip to Paris a couple of years back.

Jardin de Tuileries. I wouldn't shoot random other people's kids like this, but this pic was taken by my own child who was still at primary school at the time and had walked off with my camera whilst I was eating my picnic...

View in the Musee d'Orsay

The lens so small I'm not even sure where I've stored the thing...

Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
Really must dig out this lens again. Used it loads on this trip to Paris a couple of years back.
I gave my Lumix 14/2.5 and its Lumix fisheye conversion lens to my 28-year-old daughter, who recently bought her first Micro Four Thirds body. As I write this, she is on a plane, returning from a week-long vacation in Paris. I can't wait to see how she liked the lens. She favors bokeh, so she felt she'd have no use for a wide-angle lens. I'm hoping the 14+fisheye changed her mind.

spatulaboy

I'm not really here
Real Name
Vin
This lens is completely under rated. Give it adequate light, stop it down just a tad, and the images just pop with three dimensionality. Those fire escapes are so realistic they look like you could grab a hold of them.
Thanks and yes very underrated! It's affordable, and so tiny! Really the perfect street lens for me. I was tempted by the Leica 15mm f1.7 but the large aperture is not necessary for street since I'll always be stopping it down and the price is double.

audiodrive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
jef
Cavite Sunset (taken in April 2018)

audiodrive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
jef
penlite5 + pana14

pigiron

Mu-43 Veteran

audiodrive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
jef
penlite5 + pana14

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
Another one from my Cornwall trip last month, this time on Porthleven's Pier in Near Darkness. I think the selective colouring works well here as the red buoy and its reflection really stood out even in the original colour shot and that is something I wanted to retain.

Pier into the Night

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom