1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic 14-45 & GH2 : "scratchy" friction

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by wreckgar, Dec 9, 2011.

1. wreckgar

wreckgar New to Mu-43

Dec 9, 2011
    Hi folks, first post so go easy. :) 

I just got a GH2 today (body only - I opted to pick up the Panasonic 14-45mm separately)

When I attach / de-attach the lens the friction between the mount and the lens feels a little tougher and 'scratchier' than Nikon / Canon DSLRs I've owned. It takes a little more effort to screw the lens on than I'm used to.

The best way to describe it is that Nikon / Canon lenses I've used feel lubricated and very smooth when attaching to the mount. In contrast, the GH2 and lens feels a lot more dry. It still clicks into place fine and works perfectly. I'm just concerned that this friction is not normal and will eventually damage the lens / mount.

Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance.

2. dayou14

dayou14 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    You have a brand new lens and a brand new lens mount. It is just tightness. Mount and unmount a few more times and your friction and tightness would be allievated.

3. wreckgar

wreckgar New to Mu-43

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks

You're absolutely right. I unmounted / mounted a few times and now the action is beautifully smooth. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.