Panasonic 14-45 availability

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Linh, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Has anyone seen this in stock anywhere lately? I've been looking for one as it's the closest thing to fit my needs w/o breaking my wallet (my 12/40 pancake combo desire doesn't exist yet =). This lens is already pretty expensive IMO, just under what I paid for my Sigma 30/1.4, heh. But my lack of wanting to go with adapted lenses and desire for a little video toying leaves me with little options.

I see plenty on ebay direct from Japan, so does anyone have any experiences with that? Especially in regards to warranty/returns...
  2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    These dont seem to be going down in price at all, I think the reason is they are a very good lens for a "kit" lens.

I have been happy with my 20mm since end of last year, but whilst I save for the 45mm PL, I just managed to get a used, but nearly new 14-45 on ebay for £185, so there are bargins to be had. The one I just bought was a real purchased one, ie it came in a box and wasnt someones kit lens, so I would estimate a good "used" lens should be around £175-£180 maybe.

Good luck finding one - as per Japan imports, you should be fine, if they have international warranties, I have imported many Nikon lenses in the past, but the current price online abroad is a tiny bit less than getting in the UK, plus the risk of approx 20% in customs and duty it just isnt worth it.

If you buy in the UK check this out -
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    New prices seem to be staying fairly high across all popular lenses in the Pany line (20, 14-45 & 45-200).

The best new prices can be found here in the UK and they do ship overseas:

They quite often get lenses split from a kit that they sell cheaper but with full guarantee and unused.

Well worth a look.
  4. willo

willo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2010
    Cheapest I've seen it is £200 from:

Bets to ring and see if they have stock.
  5. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    Ian, I didnt want to look at that link! - 45mm Leica for £569...stop me!

Just bought the LVF1 because of some of your comments - luckily that was a bit cheaper than Mathers :)

I have to admit, I bought my GF1 and 20mm kit for £620, thinking that would be it, just a nice portable peice of kit for when I dont want to lug the D700 and pro lenses around.

Now GF1, 20mm, 14-45mm, LVF, thinking of the 45mm PL, and also thinking about a G1...this is as much as a money pit as the Nikon playground!
  6. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    there is someone on a 4/3 forum I'm on selling one for $300 + shipping. PM me for the link, I don't know if linking to another forum will violate any site rules.
  7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    It's about on par with one of the ones I found on ebay in the US. Thanks for the link though, I may break down, heh.

Anyone have any idea on the whole international warranty issue? I remember reading something about sigma or nikon not even willing to do paid work on so called "grey market/imported" cameras/lenses. While I would hope nothing happens, I would like to know I could get something fixed.

Yeah, I know, I should just wait for something in the US to show up as in stock, but I'm impatient =) Or alternatively, anyone have a good pre-order source that won't cancel on me....