Panasonic 14-45 availability

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Linh, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Has anyone seen this in stock anywhere lately? I've been looking for one as it's the closest thing to fit my needs w/o breaking my wallet (my 12/40 pancake combo desire doesn't exist yet =). This lens is already pretty expensive IMO, just under what I paid for my Sigma 30/1.4, heh. But my lack of wanting to go with adapted lenses and desire for a little video toying leaves me with little options.

I see plenty on ebay direct from Japan, so does anyone have any experiences with that? Especially in regards to warranty/returns...

2. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    These dont seem to be going down in price at all, I think the reason is they are a very good lens for a "kit" lens.

I have been happy with my 20mm since end of last year, but whilst I save for the 45mm PL, I just managed to get a used, but nearly new 14-45 on ebay for £185, so there are bargins to be had. The one I just bought was a real purchased one, ie it came in a box and wasnt someones kit lens, so I would estimate a good "used" lens should be around £175-£180 maybe.

Good luck finding one - as per Japan imports, you should be fine, if they have international warranties, I have imported many Nikon lenses in the past, but the current price online abroad is a tiny bit less than getting in the UK, plus the risk of approx 20% in customs and duty it just isnt worth it.

If you buy in the UK check this out - http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat31.html

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    New prices seem to be staying fairly high across all popular lenses in the Pany line (20, 14-45 & 45-200).

The best new prices can be found here in the UK and they do ship overseas:
    http://www.mathersoflancashire.co

They quite often get lenses split from a kit that they sell cheaper but with full guarantee and unused.

Well worth a look.

4. willo

willo Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 25, 2010
    London
    Cheapest I've seen it is £200 from:

SRSMicrosystems

Bets to ring and see if they have stock.

5. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Ian, I didnt want to look at that link! - 45mm Leica for £569...stop me!

Just bought the LVF1 because of some of your comments - luckily that was a bit cheaper than Mathers :)

I have to admit, I bought my GF1 and 20mm kit for £620, thinking that would be it, just a nice portable peice of kit for when I dont want to lug the D700 and pro lenses around.

Now GF1, 20mm, 14-45mm, LVF, thinking of the 45mm PL, and also thinking about a G1...this is as much as a money pit as the Nikon playground!

6. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    there is someone on a 4/3 forum I'm on selling one for $300 + shipping. PM me for the link, I don't know if linking to another forum will violate any site rules.

7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    It's about on par with one of the ones I found on ebay in the US. Thanks for the link though, I may break down, heh.

Anyone have any idea on the whole international warranty issue? I remember reading something about sigma or nikon not even willing to do paid work on so called "grey market/imported" cameras/lenses. While I would hope nothing happens, I would like to know I could get something fixed.

Yeah, I know, I should just wait for something in the US to show up as in stock, but I'm impatient =) Or alternatively, anyone have a good pre-order source that won't cancel on me....