Showcase Panasonic 14-140mm f/4-5.8

Discussion in 'Native Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Let's see some Panasonic Lumix 14-140mm lens photographs!

2. hd72

hd72 New to Mu-43 Charter Member

Dec 17, 2009
    280mm

This was my first serious attempt to use my 14-140mm zoomed all the way out. Telephoto shots will certainly take some getting used to -- I upgraded to the GF1 from my LX-3. :)

Not exactly *wild*life, but it's a start. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    A few images from today's walk around Cambridge, MA with my family, the GH1, and 14-140. Relatively warm day today.

I quickly cloned out some branches in the bird photo.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

It was a great day down here in NY, just outside of Manhattan. Love that shot of the man in the parka soaking up those beneficial rays!

• Like Like x 1
  5. slau

slau Mu-43 Regular Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    A few 'old' ones with the 14-140:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should have some new images to post in a week or so.

• Like Like x 19
  6. BBW

Stephen, did you post a link to another site where you have your photographs? I know I've seen that barrel racing (that's what it looks like anyway) shot of the rider - which is great. Maybe I just happened upon it or it was through one of the links Amin put up for examples of the new gallery software.

The birch trees are beautiful...and of course that first one is a knock out!

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

7. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Absolutely!

8. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada

I did post a barrel race shot similar to this one at the other site before. I went to a local rodeo shortly after I received my GH1+14-140, mainly to test out the AF tracking ability of the system and compared to my favorite Canon 1DMk3 + 300f2.8IS system. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to capture most of the actions with my new system. Also, I liked what I saw of the video quality of the GH1, considering I was not much a video shooter.

I have quite a few rodeo shots posted in my pBase site here if you are interested to have some idea what did I shoot on that day:

http://www.pbase.com/stephenl/cochrane_rodeo

This is a link to my first rodeo video attempt here:
    http://vimeo.com/6529087

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Btw, I will be using ONLY the Panasonic G1/GH1 system for a one week tour, and I should come back with a lot more shots with the M4/3 system. Kind of scary to go away without my favorite Canon system !!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

those are great shots Stephen which inspire old guys like me to consider this lens.

10. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Love the first shot stephen, stunning. Here's a few from me at 140mm:

Condensation on my window
    [​IMG]

Chaffinch
    [​IMG]

B&W
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 23
  11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Awesome B&W.

Well Done, and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Stunning B&W there pointoneeight.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

Three very different photos and I like them all. Of course your third is really dramatic and quite stunning but I don't want to forget about that amazing close up of the condensation:eek: or that cute little Chaffinch with his lovely colors and incredible detail! I know good bird photographs are hard to get!:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  14. pointoneeight

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Thanks for the compliments folks. I love using that lens, though its not seen enough action since I picked up a nikon > m4/3 adapter :rolleyes:

has anyone experienced a slight rattle in the lens after the camera is turned off? I think I read somewhere it was something to do with the ois??

14-140 set > http://www.flickr.com/photos/pointoneeight/sets/72157622972589994/

15. pointoneeight

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Few more 14-140's from a recent trip to Berlin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  16. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I would like to share with a few more images taken with the 14-140 lens during my recent trip to Cuba:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I probably used the 14-140 lens over 80% of the time during my 8 day trip. I carried my G1, GH1, 14-140, 20f1.7, Contax G 45f2 + RJ adapter & Olympus 1030SW on this trip. I love this little lens and amaze how versatile it is.

• Like Like x 14
  17. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Great shots Stephen and I particularly like the sunset!! I gave it a lot of thought about the two lenses, the 14-150 and the 44-200 and bought the latter but in retrospect wished I had got the former.

18. slau

Jan 26, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Thank you, Bill. I was thinking seriously about the 45-200 after I bought my G1+14-45, and before I could get my hands on my GH1+14-140. After I had a chance to shoot with the GH1+14-140, I no longer wanted the 45-200 lens as I know that there are too much overlap between the lenses, and I like to have a one lens/one body solution. The GH1+14-140 is just about perfect for me. It is not to replace my Canon system but provides another option for me.

19. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
  20. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    great shots, number 4 my fave...awesome