Showcase Panasonic 14-140mm f/4-5.8

slau

Mu-43 Regular
A few 'old' ones with the 14-140:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I should have some new images to post in a week or so.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Stephen, did you post a link to another site where you have your photographs? I know I've seen that barrel racing (that's what it looks like anyway) shot of the rider - which is great. Maybe I just happened upon it or it was through one of the links Amin put up for examples of the new gallery software.

The birch trees are beautiful...and of course that first one is a knock out!

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

slau

Mu-43 Regular
Stephen, did you post a link to another site where you have your photographs? I know I've seen that barrel racing (that's what it looks like anyway) shot of the rider - which is great. Maybe I just happened upon it or it was through one of the links Amin put up for examples of the new gallery software.

The birch trees are beautiful...and of course that first one is a knock out!

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

I did post a barrel race shot similar to this one at the other site before. I went to a local rodeo shortly after I received my GH1+14-140, mainly to test out the AF tracking ability of the system and compared to my favorite Canon 1DMk3 + 300f2.8IS system. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to capture most of the actions with my new system. Also, I liked what I saw of the video quality of the GH1, considering I was not much a video shooter.

I have quite a few rodeo shots posted in my pBase site here if you are interested to have some idea what did I shoot on that day:

http://www.pbase.com/stephenl/cochrane_rodeo

This is a link to my first rodeo video attempt here:
http://vimeo.com/6529087

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Btw, I will be using ONLY the Panasonic G1/GH1 system for a one week tour, and I should come back with a lot more shots with the M4/3 system. Kind of scary to go away without my favorite Canon system !!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Three very different photos and I like them all. Of course your third is really dramatic and quite stunning but I don't want to forget about that amazing close up of the condensation:eek: or that cute little Chaffinch with his lovely colors and incredible detail! I know good bird photographs are hard to get!:thumbup:

slau

Mu-43 Regular
I would like to share with a few more images taken with the 14-140 lens during my recent trip to Cuba:

View attachment 141491

View attachment 141493

I probably used the 14-140 lens over 80% of the time during my 8 day trip. I carried my G1, GH1, 14-140, 20f1.7, Contax G 45f2 + RJ adapter & Olympus 1030SW on this trip. I love this little lens and amaze how versatile it is.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great shots Stephen and I particularly like the sunset!! I gave it a lot of thought about the two lenses, the 14-150 and the 44-200 and bought the latter but in retrospect wished I had got the former.

slau

Mu-43 Regular
Great shots Stephen and I particularly like the sunset!! I gave it a lot of thought about the two lenses, the 14-150 and the 44-200 and bought the latter but in retrospect wished I had got the former.
Thank you, Bill. I was thinking seriously about the 45-200 after I bought my G1+14-45, and before I could get my hands on my GH1+14-140. After I had a chance to shoot with the GH1+14-140, I no longer wanted the 45-200 lens as I know that there are too much overlap between the lenses, and I like to have a one lens/one body solution. The GH1+14-140 is just about perfect for me. It is not to replace my Canon system but provides another option for me.

back alley

Mu-43 Regular

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom