Panasonic 12-50 ???

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Pan Korop, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
  2. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    Its probably the one more native MFT lens I will buy. I've been intrigued by the 25/1.4 but not sure I'll buy it since I don't use my 28/2 all that much--nor either of my 24/2.8 and not because they are MF since I use my 35/2 quite a bit. (I would like a wider lens than my 9-18 FT since I pulled out my 5D with 12-24 to shoot some yesterday). So--I'd love to hear some sources for rumor about 12-50 also. I had heard it was a 12-60 though.

Diane

3. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I would certainly favor a 12 -60 over a 12 - 50. My old Nikon 24-120 was so useful I hardly ever took it off, in spite of the fact that every other lens I owned was superior.

But it needs to be reasonably fast - 2.8 - 3.3 would be fine for me, but no slower, please . . .

Now if it happened to come out as a 10 - 50 . . . . OK!

Brian

4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I can't wait for this lens and to be frank, can't believe that Pana/Oly have taken so long to release what would probably be most people's most used lens. A fast, standard zoom isn't a niche lens, it is *the* lens for most quality systems...

5. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Seems to me it's important for Panasonic to get this lens right.

An enthusiastic reviewer response would help to propel the brand, whereas a luke-warm or negative response would be . . . well . . . a negative.

IMO, more important for this lens than almost any other lens that I can think of, for exactly the reasons you mention above.

Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.