Panasonic 12-50 ???

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Pan Korop, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
  2. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    Its probably the one more native MFT lens I will buy. I've been intrigued by the 25/1.4 but not sure I'll buy it since I don't use my 28/2 all that much--nor either of my 24/2.8 and not because they are MF since I use my 35/2 quite a bit. (I would like a wider lens than my 9-18 FT since I pulled out my 5D with 12-24 to shoot some yesterday). So--I'd love to hear some sources for rumor about 12-50 also. I had heard it was a 12-60 though.

3. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    I would certainly favor a 12 -60 over a 12 - 50. My old Nikon 24-120 was so useful I hardly ever took it off, in spite of the fact that every other lens I owned was superior.

But it needs to be reasonably fast - 2.8 - 3.3 would be fine for me, but no slower, please . . .

Now if it happened to come out as a 10 - 50 . . . . OK!

4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I can't wait for this lens and to be frank, can't believe that Pana/Oly have taken so long to release what would probably be most people's most used lens. A fast, standard zoom isn't a niche lens, it is *the* lens for most quality systems...
  5. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Seems to me it's important for Panasonic to get this lens right.

An enthusiastic reviewer response would help to propel the brand, whereas a luke-warm or negative response would be . . . well . . . a negative.

IMO, more important for this lens than almost any other lens that I can think of, for exactly the reasons you mention above.