1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 O-ring Maintenance

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by FastCorner, Nov 29, 2012.

1. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Happily received my 12-35 this morning from the mailman, but I was on my way to work and didn't get a chance to closely examine the manual after playing with the lens. This is my first weather-sealed lens. Is there any maintenance or lubrication required for the O-ring on the lens mount? Or any tips to reduce some of the friction when mounting to the camera? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I haven't looked at the seal on the lens, so I don't know if it's a true O-ring, or how it's configured. What I would will say, is don't put any lubrication on it, because lube attracts dirt and grit and that is not good on a lens mount. So, standard maintenance for a lens mount: wipe with a clean, dry cloth.

3. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    ^^^ This.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    With the imaging devices that we use for manufacturing consumables for ophthalmic surgery applications, we use lint-free wipes. I additionally suggest to use those.

I keep a small supply of them in a low (voltage)-charging (aka "anti-static") plastic bag in my camera bag.

5. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    Cool. Not much to be done here. :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.