Panasonic 12-35

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Boatman, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I purchased the Panasonic 12-35 zoom lens last week. Since receiving it, I have not had a chance to give it thorough work out though I have been able to take a few photos and confirmed the following:

- It is insanely sharp
    - The OIS is very effective, I can get clear shots at 1/6 second at the long end of the zoom (with good hand-held bracing)
    - The auto focus action is even quicker than the 14-140, which was already very fast

This looks to be a very useful lens for landscape photography, due to its wide angle and sharpness, while also being useful for indoor photography due to its speed and stability. I wonder if I'll need my Panny 1.7/20 and Hexanon 2.0/40 anymore? (Though, I like both of those lenses.)
  2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I'll +1 that. I purchased mine second-hand a short while ago, and took it on my recent trip to Bonaire - the lens rarely left the camera (except for my forays into ultrawide and telephoto land) and I didn't use the 14 or the 20 at all. It's sharp, versatile, and balanced well on the E-M5. It's certainly earned a permanent place in my 'travel kit'. Still enjoy shooting primes, though - more of a mood thing with me.
  3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Can we see some of those pictures?
  4. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I'm hoping to get a few processed this weekend, which I'll definitely share.