Panasonic 12-35 i vs. ii ?

snegron

Mu-43 Veteran
I was looking at a Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II ASPH Power O.I.S today, but on the pictures of the product description it didn't show the "II" characters stamped on the front of the lens.

Does the newer version come with the "II" stamped on the front? If not, how can I distinguish it from the older "I" version?

snegron

Mu-43 Veteran
One big difference is that V2 has '12-35' and other info stamped on the top of the lens [rear] in silver paint. With version 1 it is done in red and gold.

Thanks! I received it last night and it has the silver numbers. I found it strange that it did not have the "II" stamped on the front like most all the other Panasonic lenses.

I took a couple of test shots with it last night, and they seemed sharp. Looking forward to testing it this weekend. On another note, it's a lot heavier than I expected! Not complaining at all, just an observation. Hopefully this lens will live on my GX85 as my everyday lens!

Pete_W

New to Mu-43
I recently purchase the 12-35 v2 lens, and also the 35-100 v2. Both fantastic lenses.

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
1618453004285.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Were there two versions of V one ?

12-35.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom