1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 12-35 ($697) & 35-100 ($747) F2.8 Pro Zooms @ Adorama after Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Hal Knowles, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Hal Knowles

Hal Knowles Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Some of the best pricing I have seen on these two F2.8 pro zoom lenses.

($797.99) Panasonic 12-35mm F/2.8 Lumix G X Vario Asph.Micro 4/3 Lens W/$100 Gift Card
    Panasonic 12-35mm Mirrorless

($897.99) Panasonic 35-100mm F/2.8 Lumix G X Vario Asph.Micro 4/3 Lens W/$150 Gift Card
    http://www.adorama.com/IPC3510028G.html

For some reason, the direct link to the 35-100mm lens is acting strange, but you seem to be able to add it to your cart directly from search outputs like this.

Panasonic 35-100mm Mirrorless Lenses & Compact System Lenses | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama

Happy Snapping!

2. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    Dang! I just bought the 35-100 from B&H and it will be delivered Friday.

3. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    No worries rmcnelly, B&H is a great company. Try calling them and asking if they will match the Adorama deal and send you a $150 gift card. They just might do it...especially since they would likely rather do that, then have you return your purchase to them only to buy it from Adorama!

Good luck!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks Hal, I'll give them a call.

5. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    I called B&H and they initially didn't see the deal. I told them I could see it as I was talking with them, and discovered it by searching for the less. It popped right up with a picture of the gift card next to the 35-100. Curiously further down the list from the search it showed the lens at their regular price. He put me back on hold, and after a long wait told me they would match the deal and send a gift card in the mail.

As you said Hal, B&H was great. I don't say anything about wanting to return the lens which I received on Friday.

Thanks again for encouraging me to call them.

6. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Hi Rick, that is great news! I'm glad it worked out.

One quick (off topic) question for you. I just noticed that you have a Tamron 52BB 90mm 2.5 Macro. I recently acquired the same lens (with Adaptall mounts for both the Minolta MC/MD and the Nikon F). The optics are flawless, though the body is pretty well worn. It has a really gorgeous rendering and I'm generally very pleased with the lens...especially when used with the Metabones Minolta MC/MD Speedbooster!

However, I'm not sure if it is my copy of this lens or something inherent to the Adaptall mounting system, but I cannot get the aperture to properly stop down by simply turning the aperture ring on the lens. In order to stop down, I have to physically remove the lens from the camera (and/or the Speedbooster) and flick the aperture pin manually with my hand. Only then does it stop down and stay at your desired aperture. But as soon as I open the aperture back up and then try to stop down again, I have to repeat the process of removing the lens and manually messing with the pin.

So all that said, do you have the same problem with your Tamron? Do you have any advice on how I might be able to fix this situation? I'm tempted to reach out to Tamron for advice as my copy of the lens is beautiful, but this aperture process is definitely a headache.

Thanks!
    Hal

7. rmcnelly

rmcnelly Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 21, 2015
    Portsmouth, VA
    Mine does not have that problem. The aperture ring was "de-clicked" by someone who wanted to use it for video. I found this video on how to de-click a different Tamron lens which might help you understand what is going on with your lens:

8. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Fantastic, thanks Rick! I'll keep you posted on how it goes trying to modify my Tamron.

Cheers,
    Hal

• Like Like x 1
  9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The 12-35 deal is a little better now. It's just $697 out the door now with no gift card hassle.

I'm tempted to buy the 35-100 and then use the $150 gift card to order the 12-35. Total would be $1444 for a pro f2.8 dual zoom kit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Thanks for the update tkbslc!

It looks like all major retailers (e.g., Adorama, Amazon, B&H, Unique Photo) are currently offering the 12-35mm for $697 with some also including 4% rewards!

11. cbelter

cbelter Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2015
    Very interested in the 12-35 2.8 will you ship to Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada ?

Sent from my A0001 using Mu-43 app

12. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Hello cbelter, The 12-35mm F2.8 is for sale via major retailers, not by me. So yes, I'm confident that most US retailers would ship to Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Look at the prior links for Adorama, B&H, etc. I believe the lens is still going for $697 in most places. Cheers, Hal