1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 12-32 with Olympus bodies

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bikerhiker, Mar 19, 2014.

1. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    Hi there,

I see that B&H will be carrying the 12-32 Panasonic lens that came standard with the GM1. I like to know if the MEGA OIS image stabilization on the 12-32 will be on all the time when used with Olympus bodies, namely the E-PL1? Anyway of turning it off on Olympus bodies?

Expected shipping date?

Thanks!

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I got a new comp and upgraded to Windows 7 and our IT Dept did not think I needed that file where all my log in's and passwords were stored. :0)

I've E-mailed our Pro Photo Mgr in the store and I'll see what I can find out. Back when I had my E300, I used the Panasonic {Leica} 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 Leica D Vario-Elmarit Aspherical MEGA O.I.S. Lens and I was never sure if the IS function was working or not. Hopefully the store will have better news.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Other way around. OIS on the 12-32 with the E-PL1 can't be enabled (there's no physical switch). It's always off. Only the E-PM2 and newer Olympus bodies let you enable OIS on lenses that don't have a switch.

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Per our store: "You are able to turn off the IS in the Olympus body but you can’t turn off the IS in the (Panasonic) lens from a Olympus body." We are accepting advance orders which means our buyers are expecting shipments but we do not have a firm delivery date.

5. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    Thanks Chuck for the info on the lens with Olympus body and advance shipment pre-order status.

• Like Like x 1
  6. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I know on my E-PL5 there is an option to choose lens IS over sensor IS, but I haven't done a comparison. It's something you have to set by menu diving.

7. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    Thank you for the info. I just realized that Panasonic just released the 15mm Summilux 1.7, which happens to be my favorite focal length! Time to pre-order this instead.

8. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
  9. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

Right now we have no confirmed delivery dates from Panasonic. Since the first batches will be used to fill orders, customers who advance purchase will know before I do. :smile:

10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but has anyone else reported a conflict of IS between the Panasonic 12-32 lens on an Olympus body?

I had Lens IS priority off on my EM5, but got some weird motion blur on some shots. I thought my EM5's IBIS was malfunctioning, but maybe it was a conflict between the 12-32's and the EM5's IS?