1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 100-300mm for $449.95 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by technobabble, Aug 15, 2013.

1. technobabble

technobabble New to Mu-43

Aug 15, 2013
  2. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    So tempting!!!

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    ahhhhh... that is tempting. I ended up getting a battered but great operating 70-300 4/3 lens for a good deal. I always had a hard time justifying the really long zooms, as it sits around too long in between uses.

4. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Oh boy!

Well, maybe they will drop to $400 or less later, but $50 off the regular price was enough to help me jump.

5. zane73

zane73 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2013
    Pilot Mnt, NC
    Patrick
    And don't forget they are offering 4% back in Rewards. So, that's another $18 back after 35 days. Total price $431.95! I see most used ones listed around the $425 mark, so I felt like this was a good deal for a new one.

Trigger pulled earlier this week... mine arrived today! It's a bit bigger than I thought... looks a bit crazy on the E-PL5... manageable on the G5 though.

6. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Yep, a new lens for an almost used price is hard to beat, particularly if it's a lens you already have your eye on. The cash back is a bonus.

It seems some folks don't get along with this lens, I guess it can be tough to find a need or use for such a narrow FOV on the long end. This will be my first super telephoto lens, and I assume much bigger than the 45-175 PZ, the longest lens I currently own. Again, there are good values in the m4/3 world.

Hope I will make good images with the 100-300, time will tell.

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Received the lens yesterday and this morning I gave it a very brief test. My initial observation was that the zooming action is a bit rough, not as smooth as all the other Panasonic lenses I own, but most of them are premium lenses.

However, to have this super telephoto zoom range in such a light, and relatively inexpensive piece of glass seems like a great deal.