Panasonic 100-300mm for $449.95 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by technobabble, Aug 15, 2013.

1. technobabble

technobabble New to Mu-43

Aug 15, 2013
  2. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    So tempting!!!

3. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    ahhhhh... that is tempting. I ended up getting a battered but great operating 70-300 4/3 lens for a good deal. I always had a hard time justifying the really long zooms, as it sits around too long in between uses.

4. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Oh boy!

Well, maybe they will drop to $400 or less later, but $50 off the regular price was enough to help me jump.

5. zane73

zane73 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2013
    Pilot Mnt, NC
    Patrick
    And don't forget they are offering 4% back in Rewards. So, that's another $18 back after 35 days. Total price $431.95! I see most used ones listed around the $425 mark, so I felt like this was a good deal for a new one.

Trigger pulled earlier this week... mine arrived today! It's a bit bigger than I thought... looks a bit crazy on the E-PL5... manageable on the G5 though.

6. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Yep, a new lens for an almost used price is hard to beat, particularly if it's a lens you already have your eye on. The cash back is a bonus.

It seems some folks don't get along with this lens, I guess it can be tough to find a need or use for such a narrow FOV on the long end. This will be my first super telephoto lens, and I assume much bigger than the 45-175 PZ, the longest lens I currently own. Again, there are good values in the m4/3 world.

Hope I will make good images with the 100-300, time will tell.

7. RoadTraveler

Nov 23, 2012
    Received the lens yesterday and this morning I gave it a very brief test. My initial observation was that the zooming action is a bit rough, not as smooth as all the other Panasonic lenses I own, but most of them are premium lenses.

However, to have this super telephoto zoom range in such a light, and relatively inexpensive piece of glass seems like a great deal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.