Showcase Panasonic 100-300mm f/4-5.6 Mk II

ibd

Mu-43 Veteran
Easy to get too close with this lens and end up with shots like this! :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Just purchased this lens at a good price despite having the Olly 75-300 which I now intend to sell. My take is that it has a slight edge on the Olly other than I'm finding quite a lot of vignetting. I haven't seen much of a mention of this when I researched it. Also, I thought that Olly bodies would recognise the length but when I looked at the IS menu it was showing 9mm? Is this normal? perhaps that affected the vignetting?
I had my first outing with it and obviously it made a difference as I had lots of blurred shots, even at shutter speeds of 200. Anyways, here's two of my best X posted to Birds. First with the vignetting and 2nd my attempt to clean it up

Australian Pelican (2) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

Australian Pelican (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

wjiang

Mu-43 Legend
Just purchased this lens at a good price despite having the Olly 75-300 which I now intend to sell. My take is that it has a slight edge on the Olly other than I'm finding quite a lot of vignetting. I haven't seen much of a mention of this when I researched it. Also, I thought that Olly bodies would recognise the length but when I looked at the IS menu it was showing 9mm? Is this normal? perhaps that affected the vignetting?
I had my first outing with it and obviously it made a difference as I had lots of blurred shots, even at shutter speeds of 200. Anyways, here's two of my best X posted to Birds. First with the vignetting and 2nd my attempt to clean it up

View attachment 762866

View attachment 762867Australian Pelican (2) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr

View attachment 762868Australian Pelican (1) by Kevin Dickinson, on Flickr
I've noticed vignetting on all the Panasonic telephotos I've owned...

The IBIS focal length is only used for manual lenses, you don't need to do anything for an electronic lens. Interesting you mention blurry shots - I always thought I just had poor technique. Shutter shock perhaps?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
I've noticed vignetting on all the Panasonic telephotos I've owned...

The IBIS focal length is only used for manual lenses, you don't need to do anything for an electronic lens. Interesting you mention blurry shots - I always thought I just had poor technique. Shutter shock perhaps?

I was thinking that. I'll only be shooting statics with this combo so I've switched to electronic shutter.

ZapWizard

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Joshua

Taken at Mesa Verde National Park. This photo was taken from this perspective. The area in the photo is at the extreme left/middle of the image.

With the amazing GX-8 VFD the views through the camera were better than you could see with binoculars. It also pulled lots of detail from the shaded area without blowing out the highlights.

StanS

Mu-43 Regular
Crawley, West Sussex UK / Plovdiv, Bulgaria

One of the first images I took with this lens. To be honest, it is sharper than I expected, although a good shooting technique is required.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom