1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Panasonic 100-300mm $499

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Chrisnmn, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Good price - great lens!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Sorry maybe I'm out of the loop. But that was the regular price for over a year. So tO me it's no deal at all.

4. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    You're correct but lately theres a bunch of lenses that for some reason have been selling overpriced, this is one of them! They are selling this lens used for this same price, amazon has it for a 100 bucks more as well, so its good to get it at its original price, the other overpriced lens is the p7-14 originally retails for 780-850 now they are selling it for not less than 1k! So i think ill wait on that one as well

5. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    You're right, this was the selling price a year ago. The issue is that for the past several months it has been nearly impossible to find one in stock from any of the major retailers, and those who had them jacked the price up to match the scarcity. Supply vs. Demand.

So, finding one at $499 is a deal. Maybe other retailers will have replenished stock in the near future, too.

6. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Get it while its in stock!

7. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    essentially it is a stock issue but it is good to see it back on planet earth. last year I couldn't even get $400 for it used! thinking about picking it up again...at a reasonable price like this! agree not necessarily a deal but a good indicator that the lens had another production run that should bring both the new and used prices back in line.

8. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
    Chris
    Saw Amazon's price drop down to $499.
    I pulled the trigger. It'll be here Thursday.

:redface:

9. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Hopefully there will be a few returns and the ensuing warehouse deals for around $420-440 that they used to be as well.

10. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    amazon has a great service, this is my first time dealing with Adorama and its been a mess, AWFUL customer service, i bought the lens on saturday and still pending to be shipped!. ....lucky you man! enjoy!. hope mine will be down here for the weekend which i seriously doubt. :mad:

11. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    What shipping did you choose / what was the expected timing?

What's gone wrong on the customer service side?

Asking because I've always had solid dealings with Adorama.

Thanks.

12. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Bought and paid through paypal on saturday, shipping through UPS Worlwide Express (whatever that means) didnt heard back till monday, saying that my order was still pending and they didnt got the payment through paypal or was timed out or something so i needed to cancel or send my card details through email, she recommended to cancel and pay again through paypal, i canceled the order, placed the order again right away, and sent her an email immediately to confirm she got my order and payment, no reply, sent a second email not long after the first one....nothing. This morning got an email (totally automated generated cause it was exact as the one from monday morning) saying again that my order was pending and that they payment timed out or something. Went back to her saying that i sent two emails to ask for confirmation yesterday and she never got back... she came back with excuses...once again what are the options, to cancel and re place my order through paypal or send my card info through email which is something i wont do.

Now im seriously considering not placing the order again and having second thoughts...

Ive never had problems with Paypal before! so its definitely not my problem!.

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Yikes. That is annoying. I've never had those issues with them, but I'd probably be canceling my order as well, just for the PITA factor.

The free shipping option can be slow, and I don't think the tracking is spot on, but that has nothing to do with ordering process.

14. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I have been dealing with Adorama since slightly before forever and have always had superb experiences - BUT - it pays significantly to deal with one of the salespersons, rather than just order on the web.

15. KH74

KH74 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Western Australia
    It's also $499 at BH Photo. I prefer (and usually always) buy from them. Super fast, hassle free (but not cheap) shipping to Australia and customer service is awesome.