1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Panasonic 10-400 Why I got it at a good price?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Bidkev, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Well it arrived this morning and as the ad had stated it was absolutely mint and according to the seller, had only been used once.

I hadn't picked up on this issue when reading reviews but it needs a fair bit of strength to fit it onto the Olly 5 mkll.

I've googled it and am now aware of the issue and the fact that some have returned the lens fearing damage to the Olly mount or debris getting inside. It's mounted now so I have decided not to worry about it as I won't be taking the lens off and on the body.

The going price in Oz is between $1700 and 2000 and as I got this for $1300 I've decided to grin and bear it :) 

Managed to get 2 shots off in the garden to test but then it started to storm but those two shots tell me that the lens is promising.

• Like Like x 1
  2. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    My second one was a tight fit, like you though i decided it would not be removed that often, i could make mine a little easier by pushing it towards the body when mounting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bushboy

Bushboy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2018
    NZ
    Charlie
    OMG....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andrewmap

Andrewmap Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Martin
    Well done! That is about £700 in the UK! wish I could find a deal like that. Enjoy, it is a great lens.:th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BPCS

BPCS Mu-43 Regular

Oct 15, 2017
    Rub your finger on your nose and then on the rubber seal on the lens mount. Do this repeatedly. It will help with the tightness.
    Current models and all refurbished models are fitted with a totally different seal. It is like a traditional O-ring. The old version has a distinct "lip" on it. For this reason, I think there is a chance of claiming a known problem and possibly getting Panasonic to replace your lens with a refurbished copy. If you have a good relationship with a dealer, they might try on your behalf. Unfortunately, I think the chances of succeeding on your own would be very slim. I bought new from a dealer in Aus and in 10 days my lens was swopped over for a refurbished copy because of the seal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Allan
    Kevin
    Great find and I'm sure you will put the lens to great effect. I've not had a problem with mine and it's been perfect from its first pairing to a camera. Now need to see some bird shots from you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don't hold your breath Allan. Have you seen the forecast for the next 7 days? :( :( 

8. AllanG

AllanG Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Allan
    You can still try for something like this

IMG_0395.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.