Panasonic 10-25mm F1.7 autofocus noise

Beligasse

Mu-43 Rookie
Last edited:

FabledFew

Mu-43 Regular
I think that's normal. There's a lot of glass being moved around in that lens. It's actually quieter than I thought it would be. And to your point, yes I have seen other videos that say the lens does make sounds when in video autofocus.

Beligasse

Mu-43 Rookie
I think that's normal. There's a lot of glass being moved around in that lens. It's actually quieter than I thought it would be. And to your point, yes I have seen other videos that say the lens does make sounds when in video autofocus.
Thank you. Indeed but some people report their sample are totally silent.

Beligasse

Mu-43 Rookie
Lens noise is inevitable with some lenses.

Does an external mic solve the issue? ie, is it mechanical noise as opposed to electrical/ultrasonic noise?
Yes I barely hear the noise with an external mic. I think it is mechanical noise since I can hear it a bit too it when I turn the focus ring.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Yes I barely hear the noise with an external mic. I think it is mechanical noise since I can hear it a bit too it when I turn the focus ring.

This is the sort of thing that's going to 'bother' you unless you can satisfy yourself that it's 'normal'.

There are a number of Youtube reviews for this lens - perhaps send a few messages to the reviewers? Many of these people are genuine enthusiasts and will be happy to help. Failing that, compare to another example in a camera store.

Last (unethical in my view) resort, buy one on Amazon, test and send back (please check your region's online trading laws first!) - I have a feeling that that's how many independent vloggers get hold of the equipment to review.

Beligasse

Mu-43 Rookie
This is the sort of thing that's going to 'bother' you unless you can satisfy yourself that it's 'normal'.

There are a number of Youtube reviews for this lens - perhaps send a few messages to the reviewers? Many of these people are genuine enthusiasts and will be happy to help. Failing that, compare to another example in a camera store.

Last (unethical in my view) resort, buy one on Amazon, test and send back (please check your region's online trading laws first!) - I have a feeling that that's how many independent vloggers get hold of the equipment to review.

Yes I asked a few Youtuber reviewers about the AF noise. Some have this "issue" and others don't have it (their sample are totally silent).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom