Pana-Leica 45mm price drop!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Armanius, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Just noticed that the price for the PL45 went down to $765 in Amazon, and $750 in JR.

BH and Adorama are still $799.

Two weeks ago, Amazon had it for $899. Two nights ago it was $799 in Amazon.

Here's the affiliate link to Amazon. Just click on the link, do a search for "panasonic 45mm" and support this great website!

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

I do wonder why the price has gone down, even if just slightly. Maybe in anticipation to the lower price point of the PL25?

Or even better, perhaps in anticipation of a competiting lens from Oly!!!

2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    good to hear, good to hear. I'll be getting the oly if it's good because I don't need macro... but if I ever do, I'll be ready! (or, if the oly doesn't perform well wide open...)

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    What's the competing Olympus lens since the Leica/Panasonic lens is a MACRO...?

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    for all we know, oly could release a 45/1.8.... and an update to the 50 macro =) Though, given oly's IBIS, I would probably opt for the PL45 for versatility on my panasonic bodies.

5. Dale

Dale New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2011
    Australia
    Nice to see B&H have dropped their price to $749 as well, and it looks like stocks of most of the other Pano lenses have come in. The 20mm is back available for $399.

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good possibility as you've already pointed out :wink:

7. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

I can think of a whole wide variety of possible reasons for this lens to drop in price. By the same token, this is a great lens, not just a goos lens and he price drop ought to present an incentive for serious system users, i.e. a grand portrait lens and a superb macro lens and a medium telephoto lens all wrapped in one well-constructed bundle.

Regards,
    Tom

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Picked up the PL45 from Amazon. Unfortunately didn't have a chance to shoot this weekend. A few more days until Oly announcements. Will see if a fast 50 gets announced.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.