Pana-Leica 45mm price drop!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Armanius, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Just noticed that the price for the PL45 went down to $765 in Amazon, and $750 in JR.

BH and Adorama are still $799.

Two weeks ago, Amazon had it for $899. Two nights ago it was $799 in Amazon.

Here's the affiliate link to Amazon. Just click on the link, do a search for "panasonic 45mm" and support this great website!

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

I do wonder why the price has gone down, even if just slightly. Maybe in anticipation to the lower price point of the PL25?

Or even better, perhaps in anticipation of a competiting lens from Oly!!!

2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    good to hear, good to hear. I'll be getting the oly if it's good because I don't need macro... but if I ever do, I'll be ready! (or, if the oly doesn't perform well wide open...)

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    What's the competing Olympus lens since the Leica/Panasonic lens is a MACRO...?

4. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    for all we know, oly could release a 45/1.8.... and an update to the 50 macro =) Though, given oly's IBIS, I would probably opt for the PL45 for versatility on my panasonic bodies.

5. Dale

Dale New to Mu-43

Jun 15, 2011
    Australia
    Nice to see B&H have dropped their price to $749 as well, and it looks like stocks of most of the other Pano lenses have come in. The 20mm is back available for $399.

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Good possibility as you've already pointed out :wink:

7. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

I can think of a whole wide variety of possible reasons for this lens to drop in price. By the same token, this is a great lens, not just a goos lens and he price drop ought to present an incentive for serious system users, i.e. a grand portrait lens and a superb macro lens and a medium telephoto lens all wrapped in one well-constructed bundle.

Regards,
    Tom

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Picked up the PL45 from Amazon. Unfortunately didn't have a chance to shoot this weekend. A few more days until Oly announcements. Will see if a fast 50 gets announced.