Pana is rumored to plan CFF (compact full frame) for post M43

M

MikeR_GF1

Can we move on to something else?

I propose that that, perhaps with THIS post, we end this thread and leave the OP feeling gratified that he was able to generate so much heat and noise, while all of the rest of us can go back to doing what we like doing, and not pay any further attention.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I propose that that, perhaps with THIS post, we end this thread and leave the OP feeling gratified that he was able to generate so much heat and noise, while all of the rest of us can go back to doing what we like doing, and not pay any further attention.

Yes I fully agree . WE should request Mods to close this thread.
:drinks::drinks:

M

MikeR_GF1

... and that we shouldn't have to close threads to ensure that the conversation remain civil here.
Actually, my thought was that we could voluntarily turn our backs on this thread, and de facto end it. I'm sorry for my incorrect choice of words.

digitalandfilm

Mu-43 All-Pro
Maybe the OP *was* a troll.. because he hasn't post in many pages nor has he put up any of his work/link to work.

ProPhotoDude

Mu-43 Rookie
Maybe the OP *was* a troll.. because he hasn't post in many pages nor has he put up any of his work/link to work.

I haven't read anything worth replying since my last post and considering the venom being spewed by the old timers I don't think I'll post any pics either.

I shared a rumor. And looking at your forum, I see you have sections for rumors. so, what I did wasn't that controversial.

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know what is coming next. (Neither does anyone else, by the way). I do know the the APS-C and larger Canikon crowd have been eagerly predicting the imminent death of 4/3 for years, since long before m4/3 came along, so I take it all with a grain of salt.

I'll wait and see. With the current high standard of m4/3 set by the E-M5 and its Sony sensor, very few of us need a "full frame" sensor. If full frame replaces 4/3, it will be because of who wins the marketing wars, not any inherent lack of IQ in state-of-the-art 4/3 sensors.

Bear in mind that the so called "full frame" 35mm size is roughly 1/3 the size of a 645 medium format size. And for many of us it is too long and narrow. I chose 4/3 because the geometry of it fits my way of seeing better, as does 4x5, 645, 6x7, etc. 3:2, despite its becoming the small format standard is the odd man out in geometric ratios in photography.

Lots of thing to consider, but no one knows what is coming next. It's buried in some corporate brain somewhere, and even then depends of public acceptance of the idea.

We'll see. We'll all have to wait and see. In the meantime, if you are considering your photo acquisitions as an investment instead of as tools with which to work and play, any digital body is going to depreciate and disappoint.

Let's just enjoy our cameras, whatever they are. If you're twenty, whatever you buy is going to be obsolete during your life. If, like me, you're 62, you may well be obsolete before your cameras. Tempus Fugit.

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
I haven't read anything worth replying since my last post and considering the venom being spewed by the old timers I don't think I'll post any pics either.

I shared a rumor. And looking at your forum, I see you have sections for rumors. so, what I did wasn't that controversial.

But he has been watching....

Because thats what they do....

The fact that so many people are unsure if he is a troll really speaks to that fact that these forums are full of lovely, good natured, warm hearted people. :smile::smile::smile:

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
...I can see I missed some drama by avoiding this thread ... I'm off to read from the first page now!

Edit ;
:frown:
...there was nothing to see.
Some baseless speculation from a migrant of DPR, some responses, lots of pointless drivel.
Welcome to the new DPR I guess.
:frown:

Real Name
Curt Schimmels
I welcome anyone to this forum that has something to offer to help us all be better at our passion/skill/profession.

I note, however, that current market data for Japan shows different trends from that which the OP posits. I recognize this is from a "rumor" site, but the data is pretty clear - the mirrorless camera sales are on the rise in every market, and have surpassed DSLR sales in Japan - where most of these companies are based.

Impressive in Japan: Mirrorless surpasses DSLR market share. M43 surpasses Nikon and Canon! | 43 Rumors

To the OP, I would kindly state that several have asked basic questions regarding your experience in photography, and for examples, in order to help qualify your information. This is an understandable request, because demonstrated expertise lends credence. In its absence, it is hard for anyone to gauge the relevance of an opening statement from a new poster.

LudwigVB

Mu-43 Rookie
gsciorio, assuming you're the top dog here I am surprised at your behavior to a new member. Yes, I posted this thread first on the world's largest photo forum the DPR with currently about 100 replies most supportive I should add. and now I am posting it in your forum. If you think you forum isn't deserving of such info on future Pana products, then it's your call.

I thought your forum was popular enough to receive this info. If you think otherwise, then by all mean be the scion of denial. Life goes on. I would never want to be a part of this forum with such blatant negativity and lack of open mind.

There are many more members of the DPR M43 forum than this forum, which means that there is a greater number of gullible persons there than here. So it's not surprising that more fish rose to your bait over on DPR.

What it pleases you to call blatant negativity and lack of open mind, in your melodramatic way, is only caution and healthy skepticism. You must realize, after all, that the Internet is riddled with dupes, charlatans and trolls.

rossi46

Mu-43 Regular
I have an opinion here, its ok to slag off anyone who is suspected posting anything not reliable.

However, I find it abit childish, or arrogant to ask the poster to show his/her photos first before talking about full frame cameras.
What if, the poster is not a good shooter, still he can have opinion and rights to discussion.

Mind you, I have nothing to show (or do not have decent pictures to publish), however if one day I ever become a good photographer, I would never post such statements about "what pictures do you have?" if I don't like anyone's post.

Its abit like questioning a sports commentator how well he can play football if the commentator ever criticize a football player's performance.

Real Name
Curt Schimmels
Its abit like questioning a sports commentator how well he can play football if the commentator ever criticize a football player's performance.

I appreciate that people can seem a bit demanding with respect to someone new commenting. However, I don't believe the analogy works as a) a sports commentator is vetted by the process of getting on television or radio, whereas anyone can show up and post, and b) a sports commentator would most likely not come to a team's arena and tell them that their team is going to history in a couple of years - other than to be sensational.

Given that there is no outside vetting process in place to post on a forum, it is, in my opinion, entirely logical to ask for credentials/qualifications. If I hire a consultant at work to give me insight into how to design data centers, I'm going to want qualifications, not just accept what is recommended on blind faith.

Al.

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
Given that there is no outside vetting process in place to post on a forum, it is, in my opinion, entirely logical to ask for credentials/qualifications. If I hire a consultant at work to give me insight into how to design data centers, I'm going to want qualifications, not just accept what is recommended on blind faith.

Why do we need qualifications to post on this site? Surley its for experts,
beginers, good photographers, bad photographers, as long as they share the enthusiasum of m4/3 wether they own an all singing and dancing high end m4/3 or thinking of dipping their toes in the water. We should welcome all.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Can we finally put this thread to bed?

I know I am responsible for igniting the OP's original statement into something much bigger than it ever deserved... I reached for the gasoline when water was more appropriate. For that I apologise

This forum is very open to questions, debates, and general sharing of ideas and opinions... It always has been and hopefully always will do. Its the reason why I am here

The OP came into this forum with no history, no evidence of their credentials and posted a provocative post based on the flimsiest of evidence. While I don't run or administrate this forum, I have been a long time contributor to this forum, and while I am not immune to discussions about rumours, I do object to rumours being presented as fact, which is what the OP in my mind did

I still stand by my original view that the OP was a troll or at the very least someone who wasn't going to contribute positive and constructive elements to this forum.

You are free to disagree with my opinions and my methods - I will not go way in a huff

lets get back to sharing images, opinions and occasional jokes and stop turning into DPR

cheers

K

Latest threads

Top Bottom