pana 45-200 reverse focus

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dannat, May 27, 2010.

1. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    I bought a reversing 52mm ring mu4/3 adapter so i could try some macro shots with the lens reversed on the camera..when i attached the lens turning the focus ring didn't appear to be altering the focus..i changed the focus to S-af MF then just MF but to no avail.
    Anyone with some ideas what i am doing wrong?

2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The lens needs to be mounted normally for MF to work it requires electrical contact with the body.

For closeup work the Nikon 4T 2.9 diopter fitted to the filter thread will give you macro closeup... othe lenses like the nikon will work of the same diopter
    Canon is another closeup lens like the canon I believe Minolta also have closeup lenses.

These are ALL Achromat's ie they are compound lenses (not a single lens) so are a little expensive

Some google and Ebay could be in order

45-200 + Nikon 4T examples here >>>
    Nikon closeup lens 4T with Pana 45-200 - boyzo's Photos

3. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    I use a focus rail, bought off evilbay.

John

4. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    You don't change focus on your lens when you do reverse macro - you move the camera to focus. It's an old technique called 'focusing with your feet'. Goes with the territory when doing macro work for the most part.

Have you tried the 14-45 first? It's much lighter than the 45-200 (those reverse adapters are pretty flimsy), and you should get higher magnification with the 14-45 reversed.