1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pan/Leica 25mm f1.4 hood question

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Kpfeifle, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Hello all,

I own this fine lens and would like to know if there is an after market hood that uses the same bayonet fastening as the included hood, but which can be reversed on the lens for a more compact storage. Thanks,

Kevin

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    None that I have ever seen. One option you might consider would be a collapsible rubber hood which can be screwed onto the filter threads.

3. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    I can't recall the forum, but in one of the 4/3 forums on the net they recently were discussing this same question and according to one of the participants the hood for one of the longer Panasonic zooms can do just what you want. Sorry I can't be more specific but I did want to alert you it might be worth doing some Googling because you might get lucky and confirm a solution.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I just tried my 45-175 hood...no go. It doesn't quite fit the bayonet mount and the PL25 is too wide for the hood to fit over it reversed.

Maybe the 45-200 or 45-150?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mu-43 mobile app

5. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    >>Maybe the 45-200 or 45-150?<<

Sorry, I didn't bookmark the thread. Also, it was another person making the comment and I cannot verify the accuracy. I just thought it might be worth the original poster's time to see if they could verify. Your idea about the 46 mm rubber lens hood sounds like something worth trying.

6. stevendotwang

stevendotwang Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Steven W
    I, too would like to know if there's an aftermarket one that would be able put on in reverse. The stock hood is nice but it takes up quite a bit of space in my bag.

7. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Make the included hood do some work when carried in the bag, such as containing a small flash unit; a wad of microfiber cloth, or other useful paraphernalia that can fit into it.

I have a rubber hood, one to suit a 58mm step-up ring and that combination wound up adding a lot more girth; which becomes it's own problem.