1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Paid Facebook Likes are a fraud??

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by znerk, Feb 22, 2014.

1. znerk

znerk Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Hello.

Hope I ain't stepping on anyone toes now.

Some people state that Facebook likes paid through ads are fake. It is real humans who like, but they get an X amount of money for every like they do. There are a lot of research on this topic, and a friend of mine linked me this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfHeWTKjag

I actually checked my page, who had 5000 likes and found out that most of my likes came from countries who actually do this. Of course I don't have sources that can prove this, but it's a theory. As everyone knows, if you create a post on a Facebook Page, not all of your fans will see the post. Only some of your likes will see it, and you will have to create an ad for the rest. As most of my likes were fake, I usually got really low views. So yesterday I decided to create a new page that would only have organic likes.

Just for comparisons : I now have almost 100 likes compared to 5000 and still get the same interactions on my posts. I believe that says something....

(Hope I don't sound like a bitter person who is disappointed in the interactions I have on my page and believe that my work is better..Just wanted to inform you.)

If you are a kind person, I would love for you to like my page to see my work: www.facebook.com/eskilhesselroth.

2. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    shrug
    if i paid 500 people to come to my birthday party and be my fake friends... i dont think that means i have 500 friends

fake is fake

i dont see the value in having 500 fakes of anything in my world

why do people put so much value in something thats not real?

3. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Fake likes are actually harmful on Facebook, as they artificially lower your Engagement % which then lowers your organic views of your posts which then costs you more to Boost.

4. znerk

znerk Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2014

That was my problem. Since so many of them were fake - my audience was really low.