Pahiyas A Festival Of Fruits and Bounty

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
I wrote an article on one of the the more popular fiestas (town festival/celebration) of my country, the Philippines, in Olympus Passion. Here are some excerpts and images:

"I set out to capture the beauty and uniqueness of the Pahiyas with my Olympus EM5II and Laowa 7.5/2.0 manual lens. I knew I'd need a wide lens since I would have to get quite close to the houses to avoid tourists taking selfies. I also knew that deploying a tripod in the crowded streets, most of which were just wide enough for a single vehicle, would be next to impossible. I also decided to shoot at night as the colorful lights would make a great complement to the already vibrant fruit and vegetable displays. Because of this, I needed to shoot at higher ISO's; and the IBIS of the EM5II proved to be a great boon. All my shots were handheld, in very low shutter speeds and wide open. However I think the results came out quite pleasing; a combination of the great features of the Olympus camera and the optical qualities of the Laowa lens. Indeed, shots at 0.6 seconds or even 1/6 seconds would be close to impossible with other systems."

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

click here to read more:
Pahiyas - A Festival of Fruit and Fanfare, with the E-M5II and the Laowa 7.5mm f/2.0 - Olympus Passion

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom