1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pahiyas A Festival Of Fruits and Bounty

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by travelbug, Apr 24, 2019.

1. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2014
    I wrote an article on one of the the more popular fiestas (town festival/celebration) of my country, the Philippines, in Olympus Passion. Here are some excerpts and images:

"I set out to capture the beauty and uniqueness of the Pahiyas with my Olympus EM5II and Laowa 7.5/2.0 manual lens. I knew I'd need a wide lens since I would have to get quite close to the houses to avoid tourists taking selfies. I also knew that deploying a tripod in the crowded streets, most of which were just wide enough for a single vehicle, would be next to impossible. I also decided to shoot at night as the colorful lights would make a great complement to the already vibrant fruit and vegetable displays. Because of this, I needed to shoot at higher ISO's; and the IBIS of the EM5II proved to be a great boon. All my shots were handheld, in very low shutter speeds and wide open. However I think the results came out quite pleasing; a combination of the great features of the Olympus camera and the optical qualities of the Laowa lens. Indeed, shots at 0.6 seconds or even 1/6 seconds would be close to impossible with other systems."

1fb.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    6fb.jpg
    7fb.jpg
    10fb.jpg
    12fb.jpg

click here to read more:
    Pahiyas - A Festival of Fruit and Fanfare, with the E-M5II and the Laowa 7.5mm f/2.0 - Olympus Passion

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2014
    also note that I am shooting in super slow shutter speeds 1/3 and even .6 secs in some of the photos

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.