Pacific Tsunami

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Amin Sabet, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    As many here are no doubt aware, a devastating earthquake in Chile has generated a tsunami with the potential to cause widespread damage across much of the Pacific. We have many members living in the regions affected by the tsunami warning. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    All the sudden, the snow here on the east coast isn't so bad....
    Be safe and be careful......

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

As soon as I read about Chile and Japan...I thought of the many people on here, as well as others I know in those regions. Please, when you can let us know you are OK.

Thoughts and prayers are definitely with you.

4. igi

igi Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    our geological agency here in the Philippines already sent tsunami warning but only level 1 which means no civilian evacuation on coastal areas...

They say if ever we'll be hit by tsunamis, it will arrive at 6am GMT (if i'm not mistaken)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I have family all over Chile. Most are OK, in some cases badly shaken - a few still not reached.

Chile is very well prepared for this sort of thing, from construction standards through to emergency preparedness. Still, it's rough.

For the nerds among you: the Chilean geological institute has pointed out that the way the scale works, this quake is 77 times more powerful than the one to hit Haiti. Yes, you read correctly - 77 times.

• Like Like x 2
  6. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    my wife just got back from haiti on a relief mission with an org she has helped set up , to bring supplies and other aid , i gave her my e-410 for the trip with a 16 gb compact flash

the images she returned with were heart wrenching, touching , hopeful ,and just plain real, incredibly ,brutally real.........

my hopes for all in chile dealing with this disaster , and all our friends throughout the pacific who may be in the path of a tsunami, is that you are safe personally and safe from hardship , i wish for all of your safety and happiness in these difficult times

paul in nyc

• Like Like x 8