Pacific Northwest Lodge (HDR)

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Brian G, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    If you have the opportunity to visit Vancouver Island, just off the coast of British Columbia, Canada, it's worth the time to get over to a small town called Tofino on the western shore of the island.

My wife and I are new to the island, and had only heard of, but never been to Tofino. In the summertime the beaches and marine environment attract surfers, whale watchers, hikers, and in general, lovers of the great outdoors.

The image of the Lodge below shows the rustic building style that seems to be typical of this area, and it all fits harmoniously with surroundings of beautiful beaches and old-growth forests.

Here's a 3-exposure of one side of a lodge where we stayed. The light was actually much dimmer than the image makes it appear. I did bracket 7 images, but only processed 3 for this. I'm still figuring out "best practices" for HDR processing, so please feel free to chime in with suggestions.

Pacific-Northwest-Lodge-web.

This is sunrise on the beach just below this particular lodge:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    I've no suggestions to make about HDR since I know nothing about it, but just to say I find the second shot to be very impressive, I like that a lot.

Barrie

3. Brian G

Brian G Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Thanks Barrie. I'm making an effort to exercise some restraint with the HDR processing, while at the same time allowing the special "pizazz" it can introduce to an image.

I appreciate the positive comment!

4. atom

atom Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I love Tofino in the winter. So quiet. Nice shots.