P14-45 & O9-18: Which one for 14-18?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dancebert, Aug 13, 2014.

1. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    I will buy an O9-18 while traveling next month and would rather not spend my time doing a comparative lens test. If you've carried both, which lens did you prefer for 14-18, and why? I've read reviews and studied test image results. I'd like to hear from those who've used both lenses.

2. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    I have both. Whichever one would be on the camera would depend more on the "environment" I was in more than anything else. Will I need the wide end of the 9-18 more due to confined city environment or will I be needing the middle range and long end of the 14-45.

FWIW I've been more than happy with IQ through the range of both lenses. Sometimes in a city environment the 9-18 would make the better "walkaround" lens, but where I have more "breathing room" I would rather have the 14-45 on the camera.

I don't live in a "bustling" city environment so much of the time I use the 9-18 it's for "forced" wide angle perspective.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    That's how I intended to use it. Your first sentence will lessen my Nerd Brain's need to 'bracket' some shots with both lenses.

It does, thanks.