P14-45 & O9-18: Which one for 14-18?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dancebert, Aug 13, 2014.

1. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    I will buy an O9-18 while traveling next month and would rather not spend my time doing a comparative lens test. If you've carried both, which lens did you prefer for 14-18, and why? I've read reviews and studied test image results. I'd like to hear from those who've used both lenses.

2. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    I have both. Whichever one would be on the camera would depend more on the "environment" I was in more than anything else. Will I need the wide end of the 9-18 more due to confined city environment or will I be needing the middle range and long end of the 14-45.

FWIW I've been more than happy with IQ through the range of both lenses. Sometimes in a city environment the 9-18 would make the better "walkaround" lens, but where I have more "breathing room" I would rather have the 14-45 on the camera.

I don't live in a "bustling" city environment so much of the time I use the 9-18 it's for "forced" wide angle perspective.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. dancebert

dancebert Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Hua Hin, Thailand
    That's how I intended to use it. Your first sentence will lessen my Nerd Brain's need to 'bracket' some shots with both lenses.

It does, thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.