P-EM2 how do i turn on focus peaking?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by clockwork247, Mar 28, 2014.

1. clockwork247

clockwork247 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    I just got the camera today, can't find it in the menu. anyone knows how to do this?

2. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    If you want focus peaking on a PEN, you need the E-P5. It is not available on the E-PM2. :frown:

3. clockwork247

Feb 4, 2013
    my god, i just popped 200 bucks on this camera, i thought all the 16MP cameras has peaking. oh well, there's the magnifier view.

4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  5. clockwork247

Feb 4, 2013

faked focus peaking it is, i love the touch screen... makes things a lot easier for magnifying mode.

6. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Yes, I use magnifier view with my manual focus lenses. I set the LiveGuide/Fn button to magnify, and it works great. Even though the E-PM2 does not have its own dedicated magnify button, it's easier to magnify than my previous PENs because the Fn button is right next to the shutter button.

• Like Like x 1
  7. psknapp

psknapp Mu-43 Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    I just received my E-PM2 yesterday and then I saw this thread. I tested the Key Line and it worked! I have a Canon 50mm 1.4 I like using and this will make it so much easier to use, especially wide open! I'm liking this camera more and more! Thanks!

8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Does the EPM2 have a regular SCP? I can only find the live one. I've had many olympus cameras and this is the first one that's baffled me in this respect. I can live with it, just seems it's the usual Oly SCP is not available.

9. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    The SCP certainly is available. I forgot how I got to it, probably one of the options under the 1 or 2 menu, or the gears/sprockets (I found the explanation on here).

Also, the magnify function is said to be more accurate than peaking anyway. I've never had it. It wasn't available on any camera when I bought my PM2, so I'm fine without it (although I'd take it if they updated the firmware).

10. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    It is there, but disabled by default. First go to the wrench menu and the the Menu display setting, and turn on the gears menu. Then go to the gears menu, section d disp. There is a control settings section, that has a popout for iAUTO, P/A/S/M ART and SCN. Each one of those has a setting screen with options to turn on and off. turn on live SCP in the modes that youwant and you're good to go.

-James

11. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    I enabled the LIve SCP, but I'm used to using the regular grid one from the EM5, EP1, and Fourthirds cameras where all the settings are on one screen. They kinda are with live, but old habits die hard. This seems to not be an option on the EPM. I've been through the menus.

12. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    Do you have both SCP and one of the other options turned on? if you do, press info to switch between them. The SCP on my E-PM2 is very similar to that on my E-PL1, and is all on one screen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Thanks..I see it now. I was pressing OK twice or just info and that just changed the displayed info....working now...

14. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I know! $200 is an amazing deal for this camera, isn't it?