Ownuser Grip for Panasonic GH1, G1, and G2

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mclarenf3, Mar 24, 2011.

1. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Looks like the Ownuser grips for the Panasonic GH1, G1, and G2. Sorry, it does NOT appear to work for the GH2.

Here's the eBay search:

New and used Ownuser G2, Cameras Photo on eBay.ca

I had this search set on my daily notification for quite some time because I heard it was going to be available. I'd act fast, as I imagine there's going to be a lot of people looking to buy these.
  2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

wow this is Great , does anyone else use one?
    i want to see one attached to a camera
  3. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Found it!!

Never mind. I found a photo of the camera with a grip on it. Looks pretty good
    Here is an edited version of the photo originally at http://www.ownuser.com.tw/index/mig_pg2.gif

I am just worried because when i read the broken English in the descriptions on eBay they seem to say do not use the charger that came with the camera to charge the batteries that go with this. Does anyone know if it takes different batteries?

Attached Files:

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Have had grips for 4/3 cameras and they take 2 standard batteries. This grip has a 'dummy battery' that goes into the normal battery slot to provide the electrical connection (a bit like the AC adapter for the GH1). On the GH1 the cord will exit via the flap on the side of the camera battery compartment. Not sure if G1/2 have this flap but you would need to close the battery door.

When I had an E-1 and E-3 with grip the battery door is removed and stored in the grip and there are no external wires. This new grip is a 'make-do' arrangement.
  5. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    The G1 has one.
  6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

yea just look at the photo i provided. That is a G1. it has the same door
    Now i am wondering about the battery. will it hold 2 of the panasonic G1 batteries i wonder.

And yea this is defiantly a make do, but its the only game in town. and i will be purchasing it next. I absolutely am hating my G1's small grip. I keep hitting the wheel and turning it by accident
  7. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Quoted below is my initial review of this grip. After using it the other day as part of a "photo-shoot" I would like to update my opinion of this grip.

It still isn't as comfortable as it could be to use, but it is bearable. When shooting in portrait orientation it is quite nice and the shutter on the grip is placed well. I do miss a scroll wheel, but I realize that I wouldn't be able to get something like that included at this price point.

It takes two batteries at the same time which is a major plus, as I was able to shoot for the whole day without needing to recharge my batteries at all. It will take just one also, if you wish.

I'm not regretting purchasing it now. I probably won't use it all the time, and just keep it for those times where I know I'll be shooting for extended periods of time. For walk-abouts and such, I'll be leaving it off.

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Still taking offers? lol
  9. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Haha, sure, everything has a price. ;) Shoot me a PM if you really are interested.