1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Owners of Tenba Cooper 8

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Yarpy, May 12, 2016.

1. Yarpy

Yarpy New to Mu-43

May 12, 2016
    Do you think the following would fit?

- Pen-F (w/o grip)

And the following Oly lenses:
    - 12-40/2.8
    - 40-150/4
    - 45 prime
    - Either 17/1.8 or 25/1.8 prime
    - MAYBE the FL-LM3 flash w/o the case

The only other accessories would be spare battery, microfibre cloth, small SD card case, ear buds. No battery chargers or anything.

Normally I would test in store but there’s only one shop locally that carries it, and it’s backordered.

TIA

2. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Take this with a grain of salt, but I've seen the 8 in stores and also experience with the DNA8 which is a simiilar sized small bag. I don't think it will fit, not without stacking the lenses. You may be able to fit 2 lenses but asking for 4 lenses plus a flash to fit most likely won't work.

3. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I have the Tenba DNA 8 and I've been able to fit:

EM1 w/12-40 attached, face down in the middle
    40-150 R and LM2 flash in one side
    17 f1.8 and 9-18 squeezed in the other side
    Various bits in front and flap pockets: slim filter wallet, lens wipes, extra batteries, extra SD cards
    iPad mini
    Rain cover in one outside pocket

Of the three primes you mentioned, I think you'd be able to get two out of three in there, or sacrifice a prime to get the LM3 in, or carry the LM3 in one of the outside side pockets.

4. Yarpy

Yarpy New to Mu-43

May 12, 2016
    Thanks to all for the comments.

Testing on a DNA 8 is an issue, as only one of the two camera chains carries it here (Canada) - and it's backordered.

My alternate is the Retrospective 5 in black nylon. I had a Retrospective 10 a few years back and wasn't super thrilled with it. While I like canvas/waxwear bage in general the Retrospective just seemed over burdened with fabric.

5. JYPfoto

JYPfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Take a look at the Retrospective 6. I posted about it on the bags bags bags thread. You can set it up to have 4 slots for lenses, 2 per side. It's shorter than the 7 but a tad wider.

6. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    If you're open to a sling bag, I found this relatively inexpensive Case Logic sling to hold a bit more than the DNA 8. The camera compartment is about the same size as the DNA 8, but it also has the top compartment for extra gear. It's quite a small sling, but I'm sure could hold all your kit easily. I used mine on a two week trip to Japan and Okinawa in 2013, and the included rain cover came in very handy too. Only $30 on Amazon!

DSLR Camera Sling - Case Logic

7. Yarpy

Yarpy New to Mu-43

May 12, 2016
    I just picked up a black polyspun Retrospective 7. I took one look at the 5 and knew right away it would be too small. They didn't have a 6 but the 7 looked just right (I put all my gear in it). Another shop did have the Cooper but only in the largest size. It looked really nice but at the end of the day I didn't have to order anything and was able to walk out with a new bag ... and it was on sale.

Thanks to everyone for their input.