OWL : World 1 st Drop-in Filter Adapter (for M4/3 cameras)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Trinurse, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Trinurse

Trinurse Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    I wanted to pass on this great new concept for our cameras which, hopefully, will solve problems using filters on bulbous or otherwise unusable lenses.

I hope others will contribute, as I have, to bring this concept to light. I am in no way affiliated with the developers but just to pass this new product on which I have invested in.

Owl: The Worlds First Drop In Filter Adapter.

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    That's a very clever idea, especially if they can pull it off without affecting image quality, as putting filters in the rear can be problematic if things aren't designed well. I'm actually surprised that it hadn't been thought of before.

I just wanted to add that this is possibly one instance where the 4/3 telecentric lenses could be useful, as the more or less parallel light path wouldn't be affected (or as much) by the introduction of a filter at the rear of the lens. I'm not sure that such would be the case with traditional lenses.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  3. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    Only for Canikon lenses onto m43 - would prefer m43 to m43 so we could have filters for the Pany 7-14 and new Oly 7-14...
  4. Trinurse

Trinurse Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    Agreed. Possibly with the right (financial) motivation...
  5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    I guess I could take an angle grinder to one of my 4/3rds adapters ...
  6. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    It doesn't move it any farther than a normal adapter does. These aren't for m43 lenses, but CaNikon.
    • Informative Informative x 1