over exposing my oly em 5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by aruba3h, Oct 3, 2014.

1. aruba3h

aruba3h Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    melbourne fl
    Ken
    After i frame pix----press shutter button half way down for focus-----everything looks fine---colors and exposure look right thru vf----but after pressing shutter to take pix------ I see pix on lcd for two seconds. Just about every pix comes out overexposed. Funny everything looks fine thru vf then snap pix ---looks overexposed. My pany g5 does not do this. After shutter pressed same exposure as in view finder. Help!!!!! I had a previous post about quality problem between pany and oly.

ken

2. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    first. reset the camera.

3. aruba3h

aruba3h Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    melbourne fl
    Ken
    I did reset all functions this morn

ken

4. aruba3h

aruba3h Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    melbourne fl
    Ken
    sorry just noticed when I press shutter button half way down whole pix lightens

Ken

5. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    2 things:

1- the picture showing on the screen for 2 secs after pressing the shutter is because you have the camera set to do that. You can turn the display of the image immediately after shooting it off completely or change the time for which it displays. Settings-the bottom one that looks like a spanner-Rec View

2- The pictures being overexposed when they aren't looking that way before you press the shutter suggests one thing. Go to Settings-Cogs-menu D and check if Live View Boost is on or off. If it's On then the display prior to shooting will be at a constant brightness level and the effects of things like exposure compensation will not be seen. If it's set to off you can see the effect of exposure compensation changes as you make them. Set it to off and see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't I have no idea what's going on there.

6. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
  7. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    brightness level of the lcd screen??