1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Outline

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Buster, May 5, 2013.

1. Buster

Buster Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/88068576@N08/8709116354/" title="DSC00124.jpg by omdandom2n, on Flickr"> 8709116354_e5d8467d98_b. "1024" height="683" alt="DSC00124.jpg"></a>

2. Radvinb

Radvinb New to Mu-43

May 5, 2013
    Great photo

3. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    Buster,

As I see it, you took a picture of a graphic that was meant to be seen.
    Not trying to be a hard nose or a PITA, but what did you as the photographer add to the picture?

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Just curious - is it necesarry to add something to a picture? Can we not simply photograph what we see? I'm not sure what you were getting at with the question.

5. the_traveler

the_traveler Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Columbia, MD
    Lew Lorton
    Sure, we photograph what we see, and by picking it out of everything we highlight something specific about it.

However, if we photograph someone's art, the artist has already digested his/her view of the world and presented it so the photographer shooting it is doing nothing more than a surveillance camera would.

It is the same as taking a picture of a billboard or of a picture in a frame.

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Interesting question. Since I don't know where that outline is I won't see it no matter the creators intent. Now that a photo of it is posted here I get to see it (mostly).

7. Buster

Buster Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2013
    The photo you see is much different (with the PP) than the RAW file.. Some work was added, using LR and camera profiles, etc.

It isn't just a part of pig, but a delicious piece of bacon when I'm done- with the right amount of crunch.