Outlet purchase - EM5 mk iii

Hi!

I hit the US site at just the right time today to pick up an em 5.3 at the Outlet sale; I've been stalking prices for a while, and $759 it seemed like a good time to jump on it.

Couldn't find the info on the Oly site or through Google, so am wondering if anybody here knows:

1. Does the 5.3 come with the small external flash?
2. If so, do refurbs purchased at the Oly site come with all accessories and is it likely to include that flash?

Thanks!

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don't know the answer to #1, but for #2, across three different purchases from the outlet store, my products always came with all the accessories that come with a new one.

Hendrik

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Hendrik
I bought a refurb at the last sale and, as I recall, the flash came with it. Or, to put it another way, I don't recall a flash not coming, but I'm awash in them anyway from previous refurb purchases so I've lost count. I think I remember remarking that it arrived in a bubble-wrap pocket rather than the usual velour-ish kind of thing. With the 5.3 you get a USB-A to USB-Micro cable as well as a power block for in-camera recharging. It even came with a full printed manual.

This is encouraging. Thanks! I've been following the 5.3 since it was announced, as I have been wanting to upgrade my EM10 II for a while. Of course, the Oly rig is my personal/travel gear rather than what I use professionally (Canon shooter), but ... it seemed too good a price to ignore, even when I'm stuck at home!

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I probably should have mentioned on my of my outlet purchases was the E-M1.1 back in the day and it came with its little included flash and everything else. Just a different box was it.

Real Name
Walter
Hi!

I hit the US site at just the right time today to pick up an em 5.3 at the Outlet sale; I've been stalking prices for a while, and $759 it seemed like a good time to jump on it.

Couldn't find the info on the Oly site or through Google, so am wondering if anybody here knows:

2. If so, do refurbs purchased at the Oly site come with all accessories and is it likely to include that flash?

Thanks!

The answer to both questions is yes. It comes with everything the regular camera does except for the fancy box. Mine came with flash, strap, charger, AC cord, body cap, short manual, and 90 day warranty card.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi!

Thanks!
When you buy the E-m5 mark III new from a USA source, it does come with the FL-LM3 flash. I presume it comes with refurbished kits as well. Page 16 of the manual shows what comes in the kit (camera, body cap, ep-15 eyecup, hot-shoe cover, strap, CB-USB12 usb cable, FL-LM3 flash, BLS-50 battery, BCS-5 battery charger + USA AC cable, basic manual, and warranty).

For refurbished gear, you get a 90 day warranty instead of the 1 year USA warranty. You can buy an external warranty within the 90 period to extend the coverage for 2 years after the 90 warranty expires. The box is also different.

<edit>
FWIW, neither the E-m1 mark III nor the E-m1x DO NOT come with the FL-LM3 flash. I borrowed the E-m1 mark II, E-m1 mark III and E-m5 mark III in February as part of the Test & Wow program Olympus did at selected USA retail stores. When I packed things up, I figured I must have lost one of the FL-LM3 flashes, but then I realized the E-m1 mark III doesn't come with one.

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter
When you buy the E-m5 mark III new from a USA source, it does come with the FL-LM3 flash. I presume it comes with refurbished kits as well. Page 16 of the manual shows what comes in the kit (camera, body cap, ep-15 eyecup, hot-shoe cover, strap, CB-USB12 usb cable, FL-LM3 flash, BLS-50 battery, BCS-5 battery charger + USA AC cable, basic manual, and warranty).

For refurbished gear, you get a 90 day warranty instead of the 1 year USA warranty. You can buy an external warranty within the 90 period to extend the coverage for 2 years after the 90 warranty expires. The box is also different.

<edit>
FWIW, neither the E-m1 mark III nor the E-m1x DO NOT come with the FL-LM3 flash. I borrowed the E-m1 mark II, E-m1 mark III and E-m5 mark III in February as part of the Test & Wow program Olympus did at selected USA retail stores. When I packed things up, I figured I must have lost one of the FL-LM3 flashes, but then I realized the E-m1 mark III doesn't come with on.

It's true that the EM1 III and EM1X do not come with the LM3 flash. The EM5 III does and IIRC, it came with my reconditioned EM5 III.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom