Outdoor Photographer Ad

TJC-MFT

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tom Cadwalader
The January/Febuary issue of Outdoor Photographer came by mail today. Olympus has a double full page ad. One page is for the M5II. The other is a bit about firmware updates keeping cameras like the OM-D E-M1 from becoming obsolete in a year.
But the first page ad also had a paragraph about a full line of 5 pro lenses covering a 35mm equivalent from 14mm to 600mm. It also talks about the MC -14 extender being compatible with the new ED 300mm F4.0 PRO. Doesn't say soon to be available or anything like that. So I would have to say that the January 6 announcement has to include the new 300mm PRO.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So I would have to say that the January 6 announcement has to include the new 300mm PRO.
I just read on another email list a post from someone who got an email from B&H saying the 300mm Pro has been cancelled. Not saying it is true, but they have already delayed the released of the 300mm as they changed their minds on what they wanted to develop. So who knows.

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
I just read on another email list a post from someone who got an email from B&H saying the 300mm Pro has been cancelled.
Which 300mm Pro? The one first announced that did not have IS and was supposed to be released by now that was the basis for B&H's online catalog entry or, the one with IS that should be released in Q1 2016? The Devil is in the details.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Apparently he just got the email this past week so I assume it was for the OIS version of the Pro. The non-OIS design was dropped a half year ago or so. Right now B&H does not list ANY Oly 300mm Pro models.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom