Outdoor Photographer Ad

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TJC-MFT, Dec 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TJC-MFT

TJC-MFT Mu-43 Regular

Dec 4, 2013
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Tom Cadwalader
    The January/Febuary issue of Outdoor Photographer came by mail today. Olympus has a double full page ad. One page is for the M5II. The other is a bit about firmware updates keeping cameras like the OM-D E-M1 from becoming obsolete in a year.
    But the first page ad also had a paragraph about a full line of 5 pro lenses covering a 35mm equivalent from 14mm to 600mm. It also talks about the MC -14 extender being compatible with the new ED 300mm F4.0 PRO. Doesn't say soon to be available or anything like that. So I would have to say that the January 6 announcement has to include the new 300mm PRO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    I just read on another email list a post from someone who got an email from B&H saying the 300mm Pro has been cancelled. Not saying it is true, but they have already delayed the released of the 300mm as they changed their minds on what they wanted to develop. So who knows.

4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Which 300mm Pro? The one first announced that did not have IS and was supposed to be released by now that was the basis for B&H's online catalog entry or, the one with IS that should be released in Q1 2016? The Devil is in the details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Apparently he just got the email this past week so I assume it was for the OIS version of the Pro. The non-OIS design was dropped a half year ago or so. Right now B&H does not list ANY Oly 300mm Pro models.

6. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Not. Relax and wait for CES in around 10 days.