Out of Stock! Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom for $206

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by DeeJayK, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Just came across what looks like a very good price on the Panasonic tele power-zoom. CompSource is selling it for <strike>US$195</strike>US$206. I came across this via a search and don't have any history (or affiliation) with this vendor, but they seem to have decent ratings. They do display a Panasonic authorized badge, though I'm not sure how one confirms that.

The next lowest price I found online today was $299 at Samy's and B&H is selling this lens for $319. The lowest previous sale price I could find listed here was $250 a few months ago.

It's worth noting that the listing states "*** No returns allowed on this item, exchange only. ***" This gives me a bit of pause, but the price is so low that you almost can't lose. I just bought one last week used at a higher price (and I felt I was getting a good deal at the price I paid) or I'd be all over this.

EDIT: since this was posted the price has gone up from $195 to $206. It's still a pretty good deal, though.

EDIT #2: Out of stock. Price now listed at $400.

2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's a good price. I think $200-250 is a good price to pay for it.

3. Azon

Azon Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Just they don't have it in stock.

4. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    All their other lumix lenses are overpriced ($326 for 45-200, $400 for 20)

5. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Looks like it sold out. I've updated the original post.

6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yeah, this was the only :43: deal I found on their site.

7. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's a sharp lens under certain circumstances. I had to buy a G5 to tame it totally ;)

Factor that into the cheap price. I did $229 on amazon about 5 months ago.

8. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I got my order in this morning. This afternoon, they are saying we are out and the item is discontinued. Order cancelled!:mad:

9. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That sucks. As the one who brought this "deal" to your attention, I apologize.

Did anyone else place an order?

10. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Unnecessary, but thank you. I hold them, not you, responsible. They are on my DO NOT BUY FROM list!:dash2:

11. cameranut

cameranut Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Joe
    Yes-- I also placed an order with them on Friday for that Lens [tks to you for bring it to my attention]. They accepted the order and have sent me an invoice for it............ we will see if they deliver !

12. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm glad to hear that at least one user appears to have been able to take advantage of this bargain. Since cameranut was the one who led me to find this price, I'll be happy to see this order fulfilled.

13. cameranut

cameranut Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Joe
    The Pana 45-175 arrived today and all seems to be well. Did a quick test and it seems to be pretty darn sharp..... sure am happy with the Transaction form CompSource and the great price. I called them about the order about 5 min after I placed it on line-- got to a real person quickly to fix an ordering problem, and then later that day received an e-mail invoice with a direct contact to a real person to call re any questions.

However, at the moment they are still showing the lens @ $435 and out of stock ............ maybe they will change the price when/if they get it back in stock.

Anyway-- DeeJayK, thank you again for pointing me to this deal!!!