Our Upcoming San Francisco Trip Blog

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by StudioHeraBell, May 17, 2012.

1. Tomorrow morning my husband and I will be traveling to San Francisco. We will explore the city and the Sonoma region for two weeks.

Like usual, we will host a daily Blog. Anthony writes about our day and I supply the images.

I am taking to this trip a Lumix GH2, two lenses, Lumix 140-140mm and 100-300mm. A carbon tripod which I will ONLY use if needed for night photography, and maybe infrared shots (hoya infrared filter). I will not carry it with me every day. Two batteries a charger.

I am bringing a Passport external drive to store things and a very old HP portable computer. I rarely will edit my shots, the portable I have isn't great to edit extensively.

We usually explore things by foot. Except the Sonoma region which we are planing to rent a car.

If any of you want to follow out daily travel blog the URL is:

Anthony & Hera's Adventures

This is the apartment we rented which we will call home for the next two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Subscribed. Enjoy the trip, SF is a very cool city.

The rental looks great.
  3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco

I look forward to seeing your vision of my hometown. I will be following your travel blog. :)

4. Warren, It sounds cool.

We rented the place few blocks away from Castro district. on 17th street. Do you think it was a good choice?

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Have a safe and fun trip Hera!!! My fiance and I will be in SF too! We love SF!
  6. During the same dates?

I can't promise but, why now we get together for drinks one evening everyone who want to attend can join us...

An informal meet-up...

It would be awsome.

7. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    The area is geographically in the center of SF. It is a mostly residential area with a great variety of restaurants and small businesses, and there are plenty of public transportation (bus and metro lines) that run through the area.

I think it was a good choice, especially if you will be staying for 2 weeks. Will you have a rental car for the whole 2 weeks?

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me. We will be going on a trip beginning Sat. 5/26, but we'll be in town until then. My wife and I will be happy to hook up with you if you our schedule can be worked out. :smile:

p.s. I invite you (and anyone else) to view my San Francisco-only photoblog where I showcase my hometown: www.viewfindersf.aminus3.com.
  8. We will rent a car only when we travel to out of town. In town we will walk and use public transportation. Like we usually travel when we visit cities.

It would be great to hook up Warren.

9. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 23, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    I live in the lower h8 and just as an FYI, the n-line hasn't been running on the weekends b/c of construction. This means if your trying to get to the avenues (sunset) you'll need to take the buses rather than the train. It also means that the Castro station more crowded than normal. The upside is that the s-line has been set up and most people aren't using it b/c they aren't familiar with it, so it's not crowded.
  10. Old Picker

Old Picker Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2012
    Cwmbran Wales UK
    have a great trip.
    Me and the wife have been to SF for the last two years, and love it.
    I went to the several alleys near/in (Clarion Alley, Balmy Alley) the Castro to photo the street art, amazing especially when you then read about the stories relating to the murals.
    Make sure you walk to Marshalls Beach for some great photo's of the Golden Gate. I can honestly say that SF stole our hearts. Great city and great people. You will have a great time.
    Old Picker
  11. Meeting Warren and his lovely wife Gail was great fun.
    Here is them and my hubby Anthony.

A cellphone snap.

And this is me shot by Warren's camera.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    It was a pleasure to meet you and Anthony, Hera. :)