1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

OT - UK freight forwarding company

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by flatop222, Sep 9, 2010.

1. flatop222

flatop222 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 11, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    In my first post on May 12, 2010 I had indicated that I would probably purchase an EP-2 after reviewing any new technology that might come out of Photokina. Still true.

I also mentioned that I had a Minolta A1 in which the sensor had died and was not repairable by Sony US or Canada. However, I have found a Sony repair facility in the UK which will repair my A1 at no cost. But (there's always a but, isn't there) after repair, the camera must be returned to a UK address. Therefore, I am asking our UK members if they know of any reliable freight forwarding company where I can have the A1 sent. Extending the life of this camera for the cost of shipping seems like a good idea at this time.

I have used google to find some forwarders, but would be more inclined to use someone recommended by a forum member.

George

2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    George,
    There are many members here from the UK. Maybe someone could receive the camera and forward it to you.
    Just a thought.

3. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    As Don suggests - better to get it sent to a UK member who will forward it to you - you just need to check the UK to US postal rates + insurance and sort that out

I'd be happy to help but I'm in France - and once the French customs get hold of something "non French" - well anything could happen

Good luck

4. flatop222

flatop222 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 11, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Streetshooter,

That thought went through my mind until I realized it might be easier to handle the transaction with a credit card. The forwarding company will probably have the knowledge to deal with customs and paperwork.

If someone is wants to get involved I am more than willing to work with him/her to work out some sort of compensation for time spent on postage and paperwork.

George

5. flatop222

flatop222 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 11, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Thank you BillN.

I have checked into postage and it's not very expensive. The only international shipping experince I have is a simple letter. Many forum sellers do it all the time, so it may not be as complicated as I think.

George