OT: "Iron Man" Inspired Motorcycle Helmet

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by RT_Panther, Jul 16, 2013.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
  2. arson519

arson519 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    the other day I was thinking about an iron man helmet that actually looked like it but this is cool too, but it doesn't look that cool:)

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Wow cool thanks for posting that.
  4. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Cool idea. In 5 years it might be reasonably priced. With Google Glass (coming) this might even happen sooner.
  5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Neat idea but the usability had better be perfect; I'd hate for the restaurant overlay to appear while aiming for the apex of a downhill right hander..

Thx for sharing.
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Or a pop-up ad for testosterone supplements.
  7. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    I agree I was mildly bummed to see that they didn't make it look like Iron Man. It actually looks a bit more Daft Punk than Iron Man. Interesting technology, though.

sent with my phone...please excuse the typos
  8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Seems to be quite configurable...let's just hope they iron out everything so there are no "first generation bugs"....
  9. Blastop

Blastop Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    This helmet seems like a bad implementation... To the point that it makes Google Glass look good. I do not want a helmet that is twice as big, four times as expensive and blocks my central vision!
  10. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    They make a valid point that current nav systems are less than ideal, especially when placed far from the line of site as shown in the video. The key difference though is that a rider can choose to ignore current nav systems when circumstances warrant. My biggest concern is having this nav system interrupt at the wrong moment.