Orthodox Church

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Tecpatl4, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Macedonian Orthodox Cathedral of the Dormition of St. Mary, Reynoldsburg OH.

church21.

windows1.

alter.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

What a gorgeous church - both inside and out! I would love to be able to go inside there. I really appreciate your pictures, Tecpatl. The interior colors are fantastic!

3. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    I intend to go back, hopefully with a translator. I found the man working there even more interesting than the church. If you are ever up this way let me know, it's just a few miles from my house.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No 2 looks awesome, especially with the three windows on the right

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

That is very exciting, Tepcatl - to be able to talk this man with a translator...and to have that church so close by. Many thanks for the invitation. I haven't been out to Ohio in a long time, but I hope to do a westward ho trip sometime in the next year or so.:thumbup:

6. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    How odd is it that I just happen to work with a guy from Bulgaria who speaks the same language. Actually I've known the church was there for years but just today decided to go in.

Anyways, I've been playing with Lightzone and managed to find another shot you might like. (Thanks to Alan for the suggestions)

churchpp3.

• Like Like x 4