1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Orongorongo Track - EP1 + 17mm 2.8

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by phigmov, Jul 27, 2010.

1. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Details on the tracks are available here:

Poneke tracks and walks: Wellington

Some lovely day and overnight hikes available within spitting distance of Wellington.

Took my EP1 and 17mm out for the weekend - performed well but missed my kit zoom in a few situations. However the 2.8 performed admirably in the low light of dusk and inside the dense Kiwi bush.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

phigmov, very nice and it must have been a great hike! We've recently had another good hiking/backpacking thread here. We may have to start a new Genre forum soon if this keeps up.:biggrin: My favorites are #3 and #4 - really lovely. You did well.

3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback BB - was a great trip but my muscles are sore. Being a desk-jockey doesn't really prepare you for climbing up the sorts of tracks only mountain goats would attempt !

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

No, I'm sure it doesn't - but you did it and didn't get hurt.:thumbup: Now that I'm looking at these again, I find that your last one is really my favorite because the light, the deep color tones, the depth and view all worked out perfectly together to capture the feeling of the wide open space and the majesty of the mountains.

Last night we watched a program about New Zealand on television. What a jewel of a country you live in. I look forward to more of your photographs.