Orion wide field

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by georgian82, Jan 3, 2016.

1. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    This was taken with a modified EPM2 and 25mm 1.8 lens at f/4 and ISO 800 with Hoya red enhancer. I was only able to get about 20 exposures of 3.5 min each before the clouds started to roll in. I was also combating light pollution coming from the lower right corner of the image which made post processing very challenging. Orion wide field.

This is a work in process as I am planning on continue adding more data in the next month.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  2. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 10, 2010
    Kiillarney, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    nice.

what are the modifications?
    why did you choose f4 not 1.8?

3. georgian82

georgian82 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks!

The modifications to the camera consisted of removing the stock filter and replacing it with a IR/uv cut filter that lets the hydrogen alpha wavelength pass through so that it can pick up the red color from some nebulae.

I stopped the lens down to f/4 because this lens suffers from vignetting and coma at f/1.8. I find that at f/4 the corners look very good and I don't even have to crop the image due to these aberrations which is important to me since I am covering such a wide field.

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.