1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] Original Panasonic lens hood for 14-45

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by charliedid, Nov 18, 2011.

1. charliedid

charliedid New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has or knows where to get an original hood?

Thanks

Charlie

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Apr 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  3. charliedid

charliedid New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jul 20, 2011
  4. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

Apr 12, 2011
    No I haven't got it - but the maker JJC makes one for the Olympus 45mm that seems to be OK from reports on another thread. I guess it comes down to how much you want an original and how much you're prepared to pay for it... :smile:

I did a quick search and found a thread on another forum that shows the Panasonic original part number is VYC0981 and you can check the price here Parts Ordering It's listed at $44.33 there. In the UK, where I am, it's £45.99! Wow... For a little bit of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Oct 15, 2010
    Replacement Lens Hood

I lost my original lens hood for the 14-45 and got this solid metal B+W 52mm screw on hood and just love it. I have a Lumix MC protector filter on the lens, then the hood, and don't use a lens cap any more. The hood is always on the lens, you don't have to mess with reversing it, and the camera is always ready. I do use a camera bag. The hood is for any 28mm wide angle lens (35mm equiv), so is perfect for the 14mm m4/3 lens. It also looks pretty cool.

Lens_Shade.

Peter

6. charliedid

charliedid New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jul 20, 2011
    Hi Pjohngren

I may go that route as well. I found a rubber one in a drawer that fits but hate it...

I don't like lens caps and rarely use them unless the camera is in a bag with other stuff. Shooting on the street will do that to you. That and grabbing quick pics of my dogs!

Cheers

C

7. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Oct 15, 2010
    Agree re: the rubber hood for this lens. I bought one of those first and it flopped all over the place and wouldn't hold its shape. This B+W metal hood, however, is made in Germany, really classy, and protects the lens better than a lens cap, which I usually have trouble getting on and off.

Peter

• Like Like x 1