Oregon's Southwest

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by tdekany, Sep 30, 2012.

1. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
  2. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Nice compositions, and I like the style of postprocessing. The shadow contrast in 4, 5, and (particularly) 7 is excellent!

3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I would have guessed that it was Southeast Oregon. Surprising.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I really liked the first and the last two photos. Beautiful country! :thumbup:

5. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
  6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Didn't they film Maverick with Mel Gibson around here?

7. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    I appreciate each reply, thank you all!

I was going to do a write up, but soon after I uploaded the pictures, (which I do first) we decided to take another trip this afternoon, so I Just posted the pictures.:thumbup:

As far as the title, I thought is was a good one, considering the pictures I was posting. :biggrin:

So yesterday, we were on our way to Trillium Lake for the day, but my wife suggested that we just make a left turn (after we saw the sign for the lake) at some point instead of going back to the lake. (we have visited it twice in the past). So we took the first turn if I recall and within a few miles we were on our way to this terrain. Everything you see here is ONLY around 75 miles from our house. OUR OWN SOUTHWEST!!!!! Look up Warmsprings OR.

Now you understand the title. :smile:

Unfortunately, this Indian land reminded us of Gallop NM and Central AZ right after I took the pictures of the church. On the other side of the street, there was a gas station/convinient store. We went in to get something cold to drink and to use the restroom. All I am going to say is that we were not welcomed at all. Just like in NM and AZ.

Unbelievable that this still happens in 2012

Regardless, we still had a wonderful time.