Oregon Highway 20, what are the must see's?

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by EricRose, Jul 2, 2015.

1. EricRose

EricRose Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    The upper 12
    Eric Rose
    My sweetie and I are accompanying my Panasonic GX-7 on a trip this month through Oregon. I understand there is lots to see on Highway 20. Any outstanding must not miss locations you would like to share with us? We are pulling a trailer so off roading might be a challenge ;)

2. PacNWMike

PacNWMike Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 5, 2014
    Salish Sea
    guess?
    Sorry I missed this post. That's one of my favorite areas in OR. Too late now so let's see some photos :)

3. EricRose

EricRose Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2014
    The upper 12
    Eric Rose
    Well what I didn't realize was there are two sections to Highway 20. The east and west sections. Evidently the west section is the more scenic and much more difficult to take a trailer through. We did the east section and were told to avoid the west section. The east section was "ok" but not what we had hoped for.

4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I'm sorry it was not what you expected. Highway 20 is an amazing road and takes you from the coast through the mountians and to the desert. I find all parts beautiful, but then again I like travelling throughout Oregon.

--Ken