Ordering an OM-D from ProCameraShop or DigitalRev

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by sooper, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sooper

sooper Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2012
    It's substantially cheaper but I am concerned about the so-called 'grey' imports. Has anyone ordered their cameras from these merchants and what is your experience? I asked DigitalRev about the warranty and this is what they told me:

2. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    I think with Olympus it's not a very big problem whether you get a grey product or not since Olympus honors their worldwide warranty in any country AFAIK. :smile:
  3. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    Stay away from purchasing from digitalrev. I remember reading that they were trying to pass off used items as new.
  4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Just remember to account for duty charges, that may not show up for 2-3 months and will affect your savings.
  5. sooper

sooper Mu-43 Regular

Jun 17, 2012
    Gosh, such contradictory views, what to do! It's good to know that olympus honour the warranty. Would be great to hear from anyone who's purchased an olympus from them.
  6. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I've purchased my 12-35 from them. Service was excellent, as you would expect. Can't say about warranty but I expect that they would be fine. I hope never to find out.
  7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    As far as I'm aware there's been a single report of this. A customer was sent a Canon body that had been used in the review video by Kai. Digital Rev didn't appear to have made anything other than a silly mistake in putting the review unit back with the "new" stock. And they quickly acknowledged what they did and appologised. If Digital Rev had any brains they'd get the video team to provide a nice certificate of "testing" with those cameras that star in the videos. There'd be a waiting list for them.

I have yet to have an issue with anything I've ordered from Digital Rev, fortunately. But there have been no issues with communication or delivery of the 4 items I have purchased from them. That includes a $1000 lens.

I'd use them again.