Ordered Panasonic 35-100mm from Japan -- arrived in THREE DAYS!

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
I have to say I'm impressed. On this past weekend I ordered from an eBay vendor with a great reputation and a great price on the Panasonic 35-100m f/2.8 lens.

The price was $1098 USD and about $25 for shipping for a totall of $1123 USD -- less than what I paid from my 12-35mm!

Japan Post EMS (express mail service) tracking showed the lens shipped, cleared Tokyo outbound for the United States all by Monday night.

On Tuesday night it was in JFK in New York City.

On Wednesday the USPS attempted signature required delivery but my wife was out.

Today (Thursday) she went to the post office and got it for me. I'm amazed at how fast this shipping and the system moved and processed this including clearing US Customs.

THREE DAYS!

Everything in the box is in Japanese, lol. But Panasonic has a worldwide warranty system so this isn't even "gray market".

Fantastic. So far my tests of the lens are thrilling me. I love it.

The vendor's ebay user name is: matsuiyastore Matsuiyastore store on eBay!

The are Matsuiya International Ltd. of Kanagawa, Japan.

Azon

Mu-43 Regular
Congrats. Can't wait to see your first session!

ill_dawg

Mu-43 Veteran
But did it come with chopsticks?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Yeap... Super Fast Shipping... I bought a couple cctv lenses from Hong kong a couple of weeks back and they were here in 4 days

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
Mine showed up 5 days after shipping. I did not have to pay custom duties. Tracking showed it was in and out of customs in 3 hours.

Ditto. What I paid the vendor was the entire cost out-of-pocket.

marcl

Mu-43 Regular
Ditto. What I paid the vendor was the entire cost out-of-pocket.

Very nice lens. I shot my daughter's first communion inside a church with it right after I got it. Great results. I took 200 pictures without even realizing it. It was so easy to keep the camera close to my eye, ready for a shot. Almost no weight to it, even with a flash, grip and 2 batteries.

mangomonster

Mu-43 Regular
customs

You may get a customs fee due in the mail from the carrier at a later date. That happened to me when I bought the 12-35 lens from DigitalRev in Hongkong. Fedex sent me a $30 customs due invoice the following month.

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
You may get a customs fee due in the mail from the carrier at a later date. That happened to me when I bought the 12-35 lens from DigitalRev in Hongkong. Fedex sent me a $30 customs due invoice the following month.

That rarely happens with EMS/USPS but almost always do with Fedex/UPS/DHL.

I dunno why:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
I had no idea this was possible.

Yeah it's possible with EMS. You can also use the same service outbound from the US.

It's always about half the price or less than the big private companies. very cheap insurance too.

I just sent a big 5kg package yesterday from here in Tokyo to CA and I expect it to arrive in 3-4 working days or so.

Although this service is largely dependent on each country's postal system.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs

rklepper

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Robert
That is a great price on a great lens. You will love it. I had no idea that Panasonic didn't have warranties for individual countries. That is great. Weird that in a "global economy" all companies don't do that.

Savas K

Mu-43 Top Veteran
John, I hope the new lens performs well for you. I tend to avoid international purchases on gear such as lenses regardless the savings, for the risk of receiving a poor copy.

entropicremnants

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John Griggs
John, I hope the new lens performs well for you. I tend to avoid international purchases on gear such as lenses regardless the savings, for the risk of receiving a poor copy.

It kicks butt! This seller is apparently the "real thing". I'm certainly satisfied.

noohoggin1

Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio
Real Name
Tom
Thanks for the report! My GAS has this lens at the top of my list... :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom