1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Order of display

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Mogul, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    When watching a thread, how do I set the preferences to allow me to list messages with the most recent posted first?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Isn't that a bit like reading a book from the end to the beginning?

3. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    When I've read the book and someone adds another chapter, I don't want to read the whole book again.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    But what if there have been several posts added and they have gone into new pages? You would need to look for the last post that you read in the last page that you read. That's why you can click on the last page, as it has the last posts made; there's no need to go to the very beginning of a thread.

5. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Click the blue double arrows to go to the first new post.

Barry

6. Mogul

Mogul Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2012
    If there have been several posts added, I'm happy to start at the latest one and work backwards. I just want that latest post to be at the top. It used to be a personal option, "First post at beginning" or "Latest post at beginning" with each member able to set it up individually. But since the forum changed carriers, I haven't been able to find the option. I may be stuck with going to the last page every time I want to read the latest on a thread, but the old way was a joy to use; I just want to know if we still have the option.