1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Orange Tint on my new GX1? help

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by grandeson, Aug 21, 2012.

1. grandeson

grandeson Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2012
    hey all, maybe you guys can help. Just got my GX1 last week and so far I am pretty pleased with the photos its taking. For the most part, since i have been away from photography for a while, I have been shooting in auto. and i can be in the same spot photographing my newborn, taking shot after shot and many of them have a real strong orange tint. I can get a nice shot followed by 3 orange tinted ones. I can understand and it would be fair to assume its user error, but why would I see such a difference in literally a shot taken in the same position a half a second later?

Is there a chance i got a dud? please let me know as if I have to return the camera, i want to do it ASAP. I still want the camera, but Ill just get a working one hopefully.

Thanks in advance, grandeson

2. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    May we also see samples?

3. grandeson

grandeson Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2012
    will post some samples in a few. think it was daylight coming through the living room window, but the lighting was the same for each, so it shouldnt really have shown much of a difference.

4. grandeson

grandeson Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 10, 2012
    i cant add pics for some reason, tried attaching them to thread, (token error). and tried uploading to my photos, says uploaded, but nowhere to be found. while doing it though, its is less apparent on my computer screen than on camera screen, but apparent nonetheless

5. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Try flickr, or some other photo hosting site, then post the html/bbcode.

Weird. I usually get... overly cool photos instead of the more natural warm skin. I usually get wrong white balance for skin tones. They're sometimes overly blue/green. That's on AWB. They get overly orange/yellow when on Cloudy/Shade WB, paired with yellow lights.